none
Error while crawling with Cloud Hybrid Search Service Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I´m getting this error in crawl log when crawling in a Cloud Hybrid Search Solution

An unexpected error occurred in the Azure plugin. This item will be retried in the next incremental crawl. ( AzureException No encryption certificates found and unecrypted submit is not allowed )

I run the scripts from connect link and all worked well, I didn´t get any error while it execution.

I have a SharePoint farm created in Azure with a Virtual Network with three VM´s: One with SQLServer, One With SharePoint Server (With Single server farm configuration) and the last one with Azure AD Sync. 

The firewall is switched off in the server.

Some help please?

Thanks in advance

Regards.

Sunday, November 29, 2015 12:09 AM

Answers

• Hello,
    Assuming you have downloaded the latest version of the script and the same has been executed without any errors , the crawl should go fine. I have couple of questions to understand this better . What content are you trying to crawl , is it the same SharePoint server ? Is your SharePoint 2013 farm in Sept CU ? If yes can you confirm that PSConfig UI had completed successfully without any errors . Else can you re-run PSconfig once from UI.  I assume you do not have any proxy server, since this being a setup in Azure. To confirm, can you ensure  Internet Explorer on SharePoint box is set to automatically detect settings (Internet Options>Connections> LAN Settings>Ensure only Automatically Detect Settings is selected). Once you have checked the IE settings open a command prompt and type in netsh winhttp import proxy source =ie . Once completed you can run the on boarding script again and try a crawl and let us know. 

Regards, Manas Biswas MSFT- SharePoint Online Escalation Services

Sunday, November 29, 2015 1:22 PM

All replies

• Hello,
    Assuming you have downloaded the latest version of the script and the same has been executed without any errors , the crawl should go fine. I have couple of questions to understand this better . What content are you trying to crawl , is it the same SharePoint server ? Is your SharePoint 2013 farm in Sept CU ? If yes can you confirm that PSConfig UI had completed successfully without any errors . Else can you re-run PSconfig once from UI.  I assume you do not have any proxy server, since this being a setup in Azure. To confirm, can you ensure  Internet Explorer on SharePoint box is set to automatically detect settings (Internet Options>Connections> LAN Settings>Ensure only Automatically Detect Settings is selected). Once you have checked the IE settings open a command prompt and type in netsh winhttp import proxy source =ie . Once completed you can run the on boarding script again and try a crawl and let us know. 

Sunday, November 29, 2015 1:22 PM
  • Hi again Manas,

Thanks by your quick answer.

Let me tell you about your questions.

The content is in the same SharePoint server.

I´m using the template in Azure to SharePoint 2016. I installed it yesterday and I downloaded the script yestaday.

Also I ensured that I not have any proxy following your steps.

However I´m getting the same error when crawl the content

http://<server>/Shared Documents/Formato7.2.docx
    An unexpected error occurred in the Azure plugin. This item will be retried in the next incremental crawl. ( AzureException No encryption certificates found and unecrypted submit is not allowed; SearchID = 86468118-2D7D-4221-B728-D86EFAB1DD76 )

Also I have firewall switched off in sharepoint and sql servers.

Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Sunday, November 29, 2015 11:07 PM
  • Hello Jose Carlos,

The error message you mentioned below should have been solved when you ran PSConfig UI and tried the steps above. The IE steps I mentioned above is to ensure the environment have the right proxy settings updated specifically. Once you have followed the steps please let us know if you still get the error.

Monday, November 30, 2015 4:57 AM
  • Hi again Manas,

I tried all your suggestions:

I re-ran PSConfig UI and all was without errors. 

Also re-ran OnBoard Script and it worked fine.

But I´ve still got the same error when crawling.

Could it be related to user accounts or similar?

Thanks in advance by your time.

Regards,

José Carlos

Monday, November 30, 2015 11:19 PM
  • Hi Jose / Manas,

We have recently started experiencing this issue as well.

Previously hybrid search was working fine, using SharePoint 2016 preview.

Did you manage to resolve this?

Thanks

Will

Thursday, December 10, 2015 11:31 AM
  • This seems quite similar to the announcement that Neil pinned on the beginning of this forum . It has come to our attention that people are experiencing crawl errors when using the Cloud Hybrid Search Service Application on the latest November release of SharePoint 2016 Beta.

This error manifests as a parser error identical to the one you mentioned.We have identified a change that is need to SharePoint 2016 Public Beta to fix this issue. Can you execute the below PowerShell to check if that fixes the issue.

$ssa=Get-SPEnterpriseSearchServiceApplication –Identity “Your SSA Name”
    $ssa.SetProperty(“DisableGuidValueFlight”,1)
    $ssa.SetProperty(“EnableGuidValueFlight”,0)
    $ssa.Update()
    Restart-Service SPSearchHostController
    Restart-Service OSearch16

Please let us know how it goes.

Thursday, December 10, 2015 7:48 PM
  • Did you manage to resolve this? Out of the blue we also get such messages.

regards, Mark

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 10:19 AM