none
Exchange CU15 broke my redirect

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest you refer to the following step to configure owa redirect:

Start IIS Manager.
    Expand the local computer, expand Sites, and then click Default Web Site.
    At the bottom of the Default Web Site Home pane, click Features View if this option isn't already selected.
    In the IIS section, double-click HTTP Redirect.
    Select the Redirect requests to this destination check box.
    Type the absolute path of the /owa virtual directory. For example, type https://mail.contoso.com/owa.
    Under Redirect Behavior, select the Only redirect requests to content in this directory (not subdirectories) check box.
    In the Status code list, click Found (302).
    In the Actions pane, click Apply.
    Click Default Web Site.
    In the Default Web Site Home pane, double-click SSL Settings.
    In SSL Settings, clear Require SSL.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998359(v=exchg.150).aspx

Best Regards,
    David Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 17, 2017 7:46 AM
  • I followed the instructions, after the change at the top level only two items ended up with forwarding on - aspnet_client and mapi.  I removed it from those.  I also restored the SSL settings for the subfolders to what they were after the CU15 changes.

So far it seems to have worked.

The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. Edward R. Murrow

Monday, March 20, 2017 2:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you refer to the following step to configure owa redirect:

Start IIS Manager.
    Expand the local computer, expand Sites, and then click Default Web Site.
    At the bottom of the Default Web Site Home pane, click Features View if this option isn't already selected.
    In the IIS section, double-click HTTP Redirect.
    Select the Redirect requests to this destination check box.
    Type the absolute path of the /owa virtual directory. For example, type https://mail.contoso.com/owa.
    Under Redirect Behavior, select the Only redirect requests to content in this directory (not subdirectories) check box.
    In the Status code list, click Found (302).
    In the Actions pane, click Apply.
    Click Default Web Site.
    In the Default Web Site Home pane, double-click SSL Settings.
    In SSL Settings, clear Require SSL.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998359(v=exchg.150).aspx

Best Regards,
    David Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 17, 2017 7:46 AM
  • In the end I tried the iisstart.htm method but that didn't do anything so I changed it back.

I've seen similar instructions to the one you mention and the second half which you didn't quote looks like it deals with the settings propagating when you change the top folder.  It seems to completely miss out the Exchange Back End part of the site on IIS.

I did notice it says "When you configure redirection from a top-level directory in Windows Server 2008, the settings are propagated to lower-level directories", does that mean it won't do it in Server 2012?

The list of appcmd instructions suggests I should have a subfolder on the default website called 'rpcwithcert' but I don't have one, it's only in "Exchange Back End".  Is that normal?

Also, the appcmd list doesn't mention my 'mapi' and 'aspnet_client' subfolders.  Should I apply the same rules as for the other folders to these ones?

The newest computer can merely compound, at speed, the oldest problem in the relations between human beings, and in the end the communicator will be confronted with the old problem, of what to say and how to say it. Edward R. Murrow

Friday, March 17, 2017 9:44 AM
  • I followed the instructions, after the change at the top level only two items ended up with forwarding on - aspnet_client and mapi.  I removed it from those.  I also restored the SSL settings for the subfolders to what they were after the CU15 changes.

So far it seems to have worked.

Monday, March 20, 2017 2:23 PM
  • Glad to hear that you have got it.

Please also mark some helpful replies as answers so that someone who has similar issue could find the solution as soon as possible.
    Thanks for your collaboration and understanding.

Best Regards,
    David Wang

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 1:24 AM