none
Recover from Site Collection admin deleting the Everyone group RRS feed

• Question

• The Site Collection Administrator deleted the everyone group from the peoples and group. Now he is experiencing issues with his site collection. I discovered this when he said full control users can't create a site any longer. the error permission denied. After looking through the logs I saw that he no longer had access to the Hidden Taxonomy list. The permissions were blank where the everyone group was suppose to be. 

Is there anyway to recover for this type of mistake? What other items did the everyone group belong to that will cause him problems down the road? Any advice or good resources to view to recover from the deletion of the everyone group in SharePoint 2013. 

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 4:17 PM

Answers

• Hmm, very bad. Not sure you can recreate that group as it was:

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/148406/deleting-and-creating-the-domain-group-everyone-in-sharepoint-2013-using-power

Also, deleted groups do not go into the recycle bin.

Sounds like Support Call time and I would immediately remove that user from being a Site Collection Admin because they obviously don't know what they are doing. With great power comes great responsibility...

• Marked as answer by edycus Wednesday, August 26, 2015 5:00 PM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:18 PM

All replies

• Hmm, very bad. Not sure you can recreate that group as it was:

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/148406/deleting-and-creating-the-domain-group-everyone-in-sharepoint-2013-using-power

Also, deleted groups do not go into the recycle bin.

Sounds like Support Call time and I would immediately remove that user from being a Site Collection Admin because they obviously don't know what they are doing. With great power comes great responsibility...

• Marked as answer by edycus Wednesday, August 26, 2015 5:00 PM
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 5:18 PM
  • Thank you for the reply. Just one of those learning lessons I guess. For now, I will see what other negative effect it will have before opening up a case with Microsoft. 
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 8:35 PM