none
Find rejected emails due to "Require that all senders are authenticated exchange" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have created a distribution group but, by default, it was checked as "Require that all senders are authenticated exchange".

Because the senders are all not authenticaded, the emails weren't coming and the senders have not received any error message but nobody inform me about it.

So now I need to recovery all these emails: where can I find them?

Thanks

Best

Alex

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 8:03 AM

Answers

• Hello

Exchange not have copy thats email what is drop.
    only what you can do:
    1; check with messagetracking what email what not send only to group and thats email you can export and send to group.
    2 check sender address with messagetacking and send email to send again email but sender need to get ndr  after send email default..

sorry my english

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 10:54 AM
  • Hi Alexgoal,

Agree with the suggestions above, I'm afraid that there is no such method to recover the missing messages.

You can use the following command to get message tracking logs about the messages:

Get-MessageTrackingLog -Server "servername" -Start "01/01/2019 09:00:00" -End "11/01/2019 17:00:00"

For detailed usage and parameters about the command: Get-MessageTrackingLog

In addition, if you'd like to modify the distribution groups to all accept email from external senders then run:

Get-DistributionGroup | ?{$_.RequireSenderAuthenticationEnabled -eq $true} | Set-DistributionGroup -RequireSenderAuthenticationEnabled $false}

Or change a specific distribution group:

Set-DistributionGroup GROUPNAME -RequireSenderAuthenticationEnabled $False

The following similar thread about your issue for your reference as well:

Exchange 2010 NDR messages search

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 2:38 AM

All replies

• Hello

Exchange not have copy thats email what is drop.
    only what you can do:
    1; check with messagetracking what email what not send only to group and thats email you can export and send to group.
    2 check sender address with messagetacking and send email to send again email but sender need to get ndr  after send email default..

sorry my english

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 10:54 AM
  • Hi Alexgoal,

Agree with the suggestions above, I'm afraid that there is no such method to recover the missing messages.

You can use the following command to get message tracking logs about the messages:

Get-MessageTrackingLog -Server "servername" -Start "01/01/2019 09:00:00" -End "11/01/2019 17:00:00"

For detailed usage and parameters about the command: Get-MessageTrackingLog

In addition, if you'd like to modify the distribution groups to all accept email from external senders then run:

Get-DistributionGroup | ?{$_.RequireSenderAuthenticationEnabled -eq $true} | Set-DistributionGroup -RequireSenderAuthenticationEnabled $false}

Or change a specific distribution group:

Set-DistributionGroup GROUPNAME -RequireSenderAuthenticationEnabled $False

The following similar thread about your issue for your reference as well:

Exchange 2010 NDR messages search

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 2:38 AM
  • Hi,

Do suggestions above help? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Friday, November 29, 2019 1:44 AM
  • Thanks for your help
    Friday, November 29, 2019 11:34 PM
  • Thanks for your help
    Friday, November 29, 2019 11:35 PM
  • Thanks

Best 

Alex

Friday, November 29, 2019 11:35 PM