none
Window 10 upgrade --Partitions with no name *:Recovery, *:ESP, *:Others and *: push button reset, RRS feed

• Question

• Why I have 4 partitions without name

1)   *: Recovery     NIFS                       None

2)   *: ESP             FAT32                    System

3)   *: Others

C: Acer           NIFS                       Boot

4)   *: Push Button Reset     NFIS  None

in the hard drive with drive name after upgrade to windows 10?

I deleted 3) *: Others and merged it with C: because it had no file. 

Could anyone tell me what should I do with the no name partitions (all have space used) and where is my recovery drive?

And how to re-create a Recovery partition with enough space?

• Edited by weimingng Monday, October 17, 2016 1:01 AM
    Monday, October 17, 2016 12:49 AM

Answers

• Hi weimingng,

The recovery partition on Windows 10 consumes about 450MB, this recovery partition is to hold the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE), which can be explored if you manually assign a drive letter to it. If you create Windows 10 recovery disk, Windows will give you an option to remove the recovery partition. With the recovery drive, you can still use Windows recovery options. Otherwise, if you install Windows on a hard drive containing multiple partitions, Windows will save the WinRE in a folder named Recovery in the root directory of your system drive (C: drive) without leaving a recovery partition.

Apart from the recovery partition of Windows, there may be another recovery partition created by the computer manufacturer.

Recover partition becomes inoperable. That is why it is strongly advised you backup before upgrading. However, you may create a recovery drive for reinstalling Windows 10.

Please refer to the link below about How to Create and Use a Recovery Drive or System Repair Disc in Windows 8 or 10.

http://www.howtogeek.com/131907/how-to-create-and-use-a-recovery-drive-or-system-repair-disc-in-windows-8/

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 2:12 AM