none
Removing content type "Folder" option from key filters and navigation hierarchy RRS feed

• Question

• When I use the key filters and navigation hierarchy in my document library, the Content Type area/drop-down list displays a “Folder” option. I won’t be using folders in this library so the folder option needs to be hidden so it doesn’t confuse the users. I have already gone into the document library's advanced settings and set the Make "New Folder" command available option to no.

I see that the folder content type is included in the schema for the document library and I suspect this to be the cause of it appearing in the navigation hierarchy and key filters? If so, do I need to create a custom document library feature without this content type or is there another way I can get rid of it?

Wednesday, June 2, 2010 3:05 AM

Answers

• Open document library in SharePoint Designer.
    • In Content Types [at bottom] select Folder content Type
    • Now click on “Delete” button on ribbon.
    • This should delete Folder Content type from you library.
    • Hope that helps…

MCPD (PRO: Designing and Developing Web-based Applications by Using the Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0) MCTS (MOSS 2007 - Application Development) MyBlogs
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 1:35 PM

All replies

• Open document library in SharePoint Designer.
    • In Content Types [at bottom] select Folder content Type
    • Now click on “Delete” button on ribbon.
    • This should delete Folder Content type from you library.
    • Hope that helps…

MCPD (PRO: Designing and Developing Web-based Applications by Using the Microsoft® .NET Framework 2.0) MCTS (MOSS 2007 - Application Development) MyBlogs
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 1:35 PM
  • Thanks for that. I'm running different builds of SPD and SP2010 so have an error that's preventing me from trying this, but if I know there's a solution then I'll just make the change once we have a production environment.
    Wednesday, June 2, 2010 8:58 PM