none
Cannot Add Server to DAG - FQDN Not Found RRS feed

• Question

• A little background:

Trying to create a DAG between 2 Exchange 2013 CU14 servers. I pre-created the CNO with the correct permissions and disabled the computer account. Verified that the computer object replicated to the various DCs. I have also checked that the dnsHostName attribute is populate correctly on that object.

I simply cannot get any Exchange server to join the DAG. I get the following error:

Failed opening with Microsoft.Exchange.Cluster.Shared.AmGetFqdnFailedNotFoundException: The fully qualified domain name for node 'CUSTOMER-EXDAG1' could not be found.

Unable to find an FQDN for CUSTOMER-EXDAG1

I have tried deleting the DAG, recreating it with a new name. etc.

Monday, November 21, 2016 12:12 AM

All replies

• Did you create an entry in DNS?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

• Proposed as answer by Michael Vi Wednesday, November 23, 2016 5:00 AM
    Monday, November 21, 2016 2:40 AM
  • No. We are going to try that today though. I've never had to create that ahead of time, so what is different here?
    Monday, November 21, 2016 11:17 AM
  • I don't know, but the error is calling out that it can't find the FQDN.  Did you disable WINS and NetBIOS name resolution perhaps?

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Monday, November 21, 2016 5:55 PM
  • Can you ping the DAG name? Check if the DAG object is in AD?
    Monday, November 21, 2016 11:01 PM
  • It will need to resolve and know where to go. 
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 5:00 AM
  • Hi,

Make sure you have Pre-staged the cluster name object for a database availability group properly according to this document. If you have configured it correctly, then try to re-create it.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff367878(v=exchg.150).aspx

And is there Antivirus configured between your DCs?

Please review application log for related error events.

Best Regards,

Lynn-Li
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by vgahod Thursday, November 24, 2016 11:23 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 6:39 AM
  • Please delete and recreate the CNO again and Add any mailbox with full control , Please check after deletion its gone from ALL dcs

Repadmin /syncall in order to replicate DCs

Create DAG Again from ECP with the same name as CNO

also as witness server try to chosse any CAS servers as we can save our time in configuring permissions on other file shares

CAS servers are already Exchange aware

Thursday, November 24, 2016 11:26 AM