none
Trying to configure Outlook using a PRF with Exchange 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've inherited a system where there has been an exchange 2007 to 2013 upgrade and Outlook won't configure it self using the PRF.  The PRF had the old server name but now have the new.  When I run it, it fails with an unhelpful "outlook can not log on.  Verify you are connected to the network......".  If I click OK the server name is listed in the box but when clicking on "Check Name" it comes up with the same error.  The server is correct and if I configure outlook manually it works fine but i need an automatic way of getting outlook configured.

Any suggestions! Thanks!

Monday, September 19, 2016 2:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I've inherited a system where there has been an exchange 2007 to 2013 upgrade and Outlook won't configure it self using the PRF.  The PRF had the old server name but now have the new.  When I run it, it fails with an unhelpful "outlook can not log on.  Verify you are connected to the network......".  If I click OK the server name is listed in the box but when clicking on "Check Name" it comes up with the same error.  The server is correct and if I configure outlook manually it works fine but i need an automatic way of getting outlook configured.

Any suggestions! Thanks!

Are you just using hte prf file to configure the Outlook Profile?  If it's just to configure the profile, you can use group policy and have it auto complete with the exception of a few clicks.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread

Monday, September 19, 2016 4:45 PM
  • Hi Stuart,

Based on my searched, I found a similar thread which would give your some hints, for your reference:

Outlook 2013 and Exchange 2013 Import PRF File not working

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 2:03 AM