none
Outlook 2016 attachments named Untitled RRS feed

• Question

• Attachments that I receive in Outlook 2016 are named "Untitled," etc., although, when I check the mail on the server and other places such as my tablet and phone, the name is there, for example, "Mileage calculations.xlsx".

Why is Outlook 2016 dropping the name and replacing it with a generic name? The data in the file is fine.

Sunday, September 18, 2016 2:32 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Does this happen to all of the received emails with attachments? Also, does it affect different types of attachments?

The issue seems to be on the Outlook 2016 client side (which is a reasonable assumption based on your current description - "when I check the mail on the server and other places such as my tablet and phone, the name is there"). I'm running Outlook 2016 (version: 16.0.6741.2071), the issue doesn't repro on my side. What's the exact version of your Outlook client?

As an initial troubleshooting step, try to install any available updates of your system and Office, then verify result again. (It is always recommended to keep your current up to date.)

Also, what if you send yourself an email with attachments? Will you also see the same issue?

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 3:15 PM