none
Error when trying to access "content sources under crawling

Question

• Here is the detail:

Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.proc_MSS_GetCrawlHistory'.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.Search.Admin.Pages.SearchAdminPageBase.ErrorHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.Search.Admin.Pages.SearchSSPAdminPageBase.OnError(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at ASP._layouts_listcontentsources_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Obviously search is not working. Please help.
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 12:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Atu,

did you update your moss with any service pack?

I did some searching on that error and found that it occurs when a SharePoint database is not on the same version as the farm's configuration database. If you  open up SQL Server and looked at the rows on the dbo.Version tables in both the configuration database and the database associated with the failed SSP, and check that they are not in sync; the updates for the farm had been applied to the configuration database but not the SSP databases.

, here's what I did to resolve it:

1. On a SharePoint server in your farm (I'd suggest the one hosting the Central Admin site), open a command prompt and navigate to the directory containing the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard (psconfig.exe)
    2. Execute the following command: psconfig -cmd -upgrade b2b -wait –force
    3. Review the PSconfig and Update logs to see if any errors were reported.
    4. Check the versioning data in the dbo.Version table in both of the SSP's databases to confirm that they now matched the config database's version.
    5. Open the SSP Admin site and tried to administer the farm's Search configuration.

This command will run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard, but with specific conditions. The wizard will execute a “build-to-build” upgrade of the farm, forcing all files and databases to be upgraded to the latest patch version that has been installed for the farm.

Best Regrads, Ahmed Madany
    • Marked as answer by Atul Anand Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:15 PM
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:12 PM
  • Worked like a charm. Thanks for your help. Here is the command I ran:

psconfig -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -wait -force

Cheers,

Atul (Sonny) Anand
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Atu,

did you update your moss with any service pack?

I did some searching on that error and found that it occurs when a SharePoint database is not on the same version as the farm's configuration database. If you  open up SQL Server and looked at the rows on the dbo.Version tables in both the configuration database and the database associated with the failed SSP, and check that they are not in sync; the updates for the farm had been applied to the configuration database but not the SSP databases.

, here's what I did to resolve it:

1. On a SharePoint server in your farm (I'd suggest the one hosting the Central Admin site), open a command prompt and navigate to the directory containing the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard (psconfig.exe)
    2. Execute the following command: psconfig -cmd -upgrade b2b -wait –force
    3. Review the PSconfig and Update logs to see if any errors were reported.
    4. Check the versioning data in the dbo.Version table in both of the SSP's databases to confirm that they now matched the config database's version.
    5. Open the SSP Admin site and tried to administer the farm's Search configuration.

This command will run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard, but with specific conditions. The wizard will execute a “build-to-build” upgrade of the farm, forcing all files and databases to be upgraded to the latest patch version that has been installed for the farm.

Best Regrads, Ahmed Madany
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:12 PM
  • Thanks Ahmed, I will give it a try and post an update.

Cheers,
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 3:48 PM
  • Worked like a charm. Thanks for your help. Here is the command I ran:

psconfig -cmd upgrade -inplace b2b -wait -force

Cheers,

Atul (Sonny) Anand
    Tuesday, January 19, 2010 6:15 PM
  • Hi All, 

I am facing same issue when trying to open "Content Sources and Crawl Schedules" under Search Settings in SSP.

I ran the command above but still no luck, any suggestions?

The error stack trace is .

Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.proc_MSS_GetCrawlHistory'.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.Search.Admin.Pages.SearchAdminPageBase.ErrorHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.Search.Admin.Pages.SearchSSPAdminPageBase.OnError(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at ASP._layouts_listcontentsources_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
    Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services.

Thanks,

Rahul Babar

Dot Net, Sharepoint, Infopath Developer
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 7:03 AM