none
Issue for converting visio into AutoCAD dwg RRS feed

• Question

•        I used the "Save as dwg" function within Visio to create an AutoCAD dwg file. But I found that the position of the text was changed on the AutoCAD when Visio had the shapes with FlipY and angle of 90 or 180 degrees in Visio. I think that Flip seems to be wrong to calculate the angle when Visio converts the format into AutoCAD dwg. Who knows reason and the solution?

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 6:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What version of Visio are you using? Please update it to let latest version to have a check. Based on your description, it seems to be a compatibility issue when converting Visio drawing into AutoCAD DWG. You can try to export the drawing to DXF to check if the issue still occurs.

If you create a drawing, convert it into AutoCAD DWG and the issue still occurs, I suggest you submit your feedback in Visio Suggestion Box. The teams working on Visio regularly review the ideas & feedback and incorporate them into product planning discussions.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, June 5, 2019 5:55 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:58 AM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thank you for understanding! 

Best Regards,

Herb

Friday, July 5, 2019 1:07 AM