none
win media player streaming RRS feed

• Question

• I want to stream video using Win Media Player instead of Silverlight.

I am having problem doing this coz whenever i open the video in win media player it downloads and then plays.

I dont want this to happen, but instead for the video 2 stream... please help.
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:18 AM

All replies

• You can embed windows media player to sharepoint page using content editor webpart and you can stream the video.

Code for content editor webpart.

<object id="mediaplayer" classid="clsid:22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95" codebase="http://activex.microsoft.com/activex/controls/mplayer/en/nsmp2inf.cab#version=5,1,52,701" standby="loading microsoft windows media player components..." type="application/x-oleobject" width="320" height="310">
    <param name="filename" value="./test.wmv">
       <param name="animationatstart" value="true">
       <param name="transparentatstart" value="true">
       <param name="autostart" value="true">
       <param name="showcontrols" value="true">
       <param name="ShowStatusBar" value="true">
       <param name="windowlessvideo" value="true">
       <embed src="./test.wmv" autostart="true" showcontrols="true" showstatusbar="1" bgcolor="white" width="320" height="310">
    </object>

change the filename and src of embed tag.

or you can create a custom webpart which will accept the video path from Custom Property or through connected webparts.

Mahesh T-- Mark my reply as the answer if it had solved your request
    Thursday, June 30, 2011 9:27 AM
  • thank u Mahesh it works perfectly but what i need is somwhat different as stated below:

--Created an Asset library(named as video) and stored a few videos in it

--Used CQWP to display top 5  recent videos(Title, Ratings, Author)

--what I need is once you click on the title we should be able to see modal pop-up of windows media player

currently by default I get modal pop-up i.e. silverlight streaming

kindly provide some info

Thursday, June 30, 2011 10:03 AM