none
Workflow Manager Outbound Signing Certificate: Certificate with thumbprint is not valid RRS feed

• Question

• Our certificates for SharePoint expired today. It stopped Service Bus and Workflows stopped working.

I managed to run Service Bus by pointing to new certs but I could not resolve Workflows issue.

Following some tutorials online, I decided to use Workflow manager to leave the farm and then rejoin it.

When I tried to rejoin, it gives error at the last page(Summary):

Workflow Manager Outbound Signing Certificate XXXX
    Certificate with thumbprint XXXX is not valid.

Now, I'm stuck on this issue and could not find anything online to move forward.

Has anyone any idea on how we can resolve this?

Saturday, September 14, 2019 1:34 AM

All replies

• Hi KamalpreetSingh,

Make sure if you have done below twos steps then do IISReset:

1.Force the immediate run of the "Refresh Trusted Security Token Services Metadata" timer job.

2.Add the workflow manager certificate to SharePoint's trust.

And please re-register workflow service via it, compare the result.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/sharepoint-server/Register-SPWorkflowService?redirectedfrom=MSDN&view=sharepoint-ps

If the problem persists, Run Get-SBFarm and Get-WFFarm to verify that the new certificates are correct.

You can refer to the following article to change your Workflow Manager Farm Certificates

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/whereismysolution/2017/02/08/changing-my-workflow-manager-farm-certificates/

In addition, please check the ULS log file to find more information about this issue. The path of the file is: C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\LOGS.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, September 16, 2019 3:03 AM
  • In our case, we were not able to re-register workflow due to expired certificate.

We opened a ticket with Microsoft and they also had issue doing this. Finally, they chose to remove workflow manager completely, update to latest CU and installed latest workflow manager.

Registered WM again and republished all workflows.

Monday, September 23, 2019 10:26 PM
  • Hi ,

I'm very happy to see you solve this problem.

You can mark your own reply as an answer. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 1:23 AM