none
Parent Site Display Subsite Calendar Events RRS feed

• Question

• I am using WSS 3.0.  I have a site with mutliple subsites and each subsite has a calendar that contains different types of events.  In each subsite, I created different views for the different types of events.

I would like to do two things:
      1.  Rollup all subsite calendar events into the parent calendar
      2.  Display list of current week events in a webpage or a webpart

Thanks

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 6:30 PM

Answers

• Xing-Bing Yu - MSFTMSFT, Moderator incorrectly marked a posting as the answer.  I finally found the answer on the web.  The solution was to use a DVWP with a linked datasource.
    • Marked as answer by BenFMc Thursday, July 2, 2009 2:09 PM
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 2:09 PM

All replies

• Moving to Admin as this isn't necessarily Programming.

1. WSS 3.0 doesn't have a roll-up web part like MOSS 2007 but there are roll-up web parts you can buy from Bamboo Solutions.

You could also consider just using Outlook 2007 as a way to get a picture of the calanders over each other.

2. Is probably possible through creating a View. (Not checked)

WSS FAQ sites: http://wssv2faq.mindsharp.com and http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com
    Total list of WSS 3.0 / MOSS 2007 Books (including foreign language) http://wssv3faq.mindsharp.com/Lists/v3%20WSS%20FAQ/V%20Books.aspx
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 6:44 PM
  • You can create event handler, so for every item added in calender list, it will make entry in parent list, 

and you can create custom webpart to retrieves events from parent list  or by using SPSiteDataQuery object to retrieve items from list across sitecollections.

you can also explore dataviewwebpart options. to show items from parent list.

Regards
    Milan

• Proposed as answer by AnilChitatil Sunday, October 31, 2010 6:51 AM
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:11 PM
  • Mike-

Why should this be moved to Admin?  I would think that this is programming b/c it would require a webpart or some type of programming?

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 7:14 PM
  • Content Query Tool Webpart is the most direct way there but it is a sparse display.

However on your parent page you could have multiple content query web parts which relate to the different views on each site
    Then group each "view" by site. that would probably be a not too bad dashboard.

Say you had calendar event types like this

Meeting
    Customer Conference
    Training

And a bunch of sites
    ProjectA
    ProjectB
    ProjectC
    ProjectD
    ProjectE
    ProjectF

Each Sites calendar could have a number of eventtypes

Meetings
    -ProjectA
    --Tuesdayxxx
    --Thrsdayxxx
    -ProjectD
    --Mondayyyx
    --Mondayxxy

Customer Conference
    -ProjectA
    --Wednesdayxxx
    --Thrsdaywww
    -ProjectE
    --Mondayyyx
    --Friadaystr

It depends how you want the aggregation.
    • Marked as answer by Xing-Bing Yu - MSFT Thursday, July 2, 2009 1:26 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by BenFMc Thursday, July 2, 2009 2:08 PM
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 8:49 PM
  • Xing-Bing Yu - MSFTMSFT, Moderator incorrectly marked a posting as the answer.  I finally found the answer on the web.  The solution was to use a DVWP with a linked datasource.
    • Marked as answer by BenFMc Thursday, July 2, 2009 2:09 PM
    Thursday, July 2, 2009 2:09 PM
  • Hey Ben

mine is also the same case and i need the solution ASAP. so, can you plz explain in detail how you got the solution?

thanks in advance
    Thursday, November 5, 2009 9:57 PM
  • Hi,

I also have similar requirement. Does any one get the soution, I only go through coding part using SP2010?
    Monday, March 15, 2010 9:03 AM