none
Hide or remove site title / breadcrumb from web page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm using SharePoint Foundation 2010 and SharePoint Designer 2010 for our company intranet.

I have a subsite that I want to remove the site title / breadcrumb from, as there's only one page and it's unnecessary for it to be there.

Here's an image of the part I want to remove:

It's the  '> Holidays' part I want rid of. It's taken this from the web site name, because if I alter that, it changes along with it. However, it won't allow me to put a blank name in there...

Can anyone point me in the direction of the section I need to alter / remove please? I've looked around all over various forums and can't find the right answer!

Thanks for any help

James.

Monday, October 29, 2012 3:13 PM

All replies

• Check this post on hiding various elements on a single page: http://bestofcyber.wordpress.com/2010/12/24/sharepoint-2010-hide-ribbonsite-actionsleft-navigationbread-crumb-easily-using-css/

Per this post, place a content editor webpart and edit the content in html source mode.  Place the following CSS in:

.s4-breadcrumb-top { display : none }

Brandon Atkinson
    Blog: http://brandonatkinson.blogspot.com

• Proposed as answer by romeo donca Monday, October 29, 2012 6:19 PM
    Monday, October 29, 2012 6:02 PM
  • Many thanks for the reply Brandon.

I've tried this - and had tried it before after seeing it as a recommendation on a number of sites - and all it seems to do is display the ".s4-breadcrumb-top { display : none }" text in a CEWP, not hidden. And the breadcrumb is still there... Unless I'm missing something with the formatting of a CEWP. I'm adding one, then editing it, then going to Edit HTML and pasting the code into there, then saving it.

Thanks again for your help though.

James.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 8:59 AM
  • Hi James,

Save the below CSS in a seperate text file and upload it to any document library and then give the URL of the text file in the CEWP.

<style type="text/css">.s4-breadcrumb-top { display:none } #s4-titlerow { display:none }</style>

.s4-breadcrumb-top { display:none }  - >for breadcrumb

#s4-titlerow { display:none } -> for hiding Title.

Thanks,

John Jay

Friday, November 1, 2013 9:00 AM