none
Retention policy not working RRS feed

• Question

• I have a BigDocs document library containing 70000 items, some of which date back to a Created date of 2013. I got the okay to set up a retention policy that would move everything with a Created older than 2 years to the Recycle Bin.

Steps:

1. Went into BigDocs > Document Library Settings > Information Mgmt Policy Settings, saw Document, Folder, and Document Set content types.
    2. Selected Document, Enabled Retention, Specified Created + 2 years, Move to Recycle Bin, No recurrence
    3. In Site Collection Features, Activated Library and Folder Based Retention.
    4. In CA Timer Jobs, for this application, ran Information management policy, confirmend in TimerJobHistory that it ran successfully.
    5. In CA Timer Jobs, for this application ran Expiration policy, confirmend in TimerJobHistory that it ran successfully.
    6. Rechecked BigDocs totals, unchanged.
    7. Rechecked the library's oldest Created, still see 2013 documents.

Am I missing something? Thanks.

Thursday, July 21, 2016 3:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

If you are using a Retention Policy to Declare a Record, and you want to take some other action later such as Move to Recycle Bin or Permanently Delete you must place that stage in the Records section.  Don't trust the radio button that declares "Use the same retention policy as non-records" without testing the stages you created. 

More details please refer to:

Retention Policy Fails to Delete Records

Friday, July 22, 2016 1:40 AM
  • Hi scogordo,

I agreed with Tina, please check if these documents are declared as a record.

Also check if these documents are checked in by someone.

Best Regards,

Wendy

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 22, 2016 7:10 AM