none
Question for Exchange 2016 migration to O365 with AAD connct RRS feed

• Question

• planning for the migration (will be hybrid mode for a while).  Have some AAD Connect questions.

1. want to use AAD Connect Pass-through authentication with SSO.  If I understand it correctly it will only work for domain joined and connected computers.  Is that correct?

2. how to set up AAD Connect HA solution?  I heard I can install the "agent" at multiple sites.  But how Azure AD knows which one to connect? 

3. for users with non-domain joined computers or domain joined computer but not connected to domain how can they access mailboxes?  I think for those users who are still on-prem they can use on-prem OWA website.  For those already on O365 they need to O365 website.  Is that correct?  If so, is it possible to have a general website for both and redirect them to the proper site depends on where their mailbox is located?

4. If I set AAD Connect with pass-through authentication how does O365 online access get authenticated because I think user's password won't be saved on Azure site.  And the computers are not either domain joined or not able to connect to the domain.

Thanks,

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 4:47 AM

All replies