none
Outlook 2010 Deleted Items folder missing

Question

• Outlook is connected to an Exchange server, Deleted Items folder is missing both in the client and on the web access. 

• Tried the switches, outlook.exe /resetnavpane  and outlook.exe /resetfolder and didn't work.
    • Downloaded the mapi editor, looked for the hidden file attribute but it wasn't set to hide. 
    • Rebuilt profile, even though I knew it wouldn't work since it also seems to be missing on the server. 
    • Tried opening Outlook on different computers to verify it wasn't a profile issue.

What next?  Any ideas?

Friday, March 25, 2011 3:54 AM

Answers

• Hi, 

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

This is mostly caused by the corrupted .pst file.

Try a new pst file.

Please take your time to try the suggestion and let me know the result at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely,
    Max Meng
    Monday, March 28, 2011 9:55 AM

All replies

• Hi, 

Thank you for using Microsoft Office for IT Professionals Forums.

This is mostly caused by the corrupted .pst file.

Try a new pst file.

Please take your time to try the suggestion and let me know the result at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Sincerely,
    Max Meng
    Monday, March 28, 2011 9:55 AM
  • Hi,

I have a similar issue.

The deleted items folder has disappeared from my three computers (all running Office 2010 Pro Plus), I am connected to an exchange server and the deleted items folder is available using webmail.

I can still search and find items from the deleted items folder on all three machines but it is just not visible.

I have deleted the pst file on one of the machines and this has not restored the deleted items folder.

Is there anything else that I can try?

Thanks,

Pete Hayward.

Sunday, August 28, 2011 2:48 PM
  • Hi Pete,

Try to download the MAPI editor, and check the MAPI property PR_ATTR_HIDDEN for Deleted Items Folder, set the value to FALSE if it is TRUE.

Download here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=55FDFFD7-1878-4637-9808-1E21ABB3AE37&displaylang=e&displaylang=en

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, August 29, 2011 4:49 PM
  • Hi Max,

Thanks for the info, this has sorted it!

Not sure how I managed to set the Deleted Items to hidden... must be more careful where I click in future.

Thanks again,

Pete.

• Proposed as answer by Pete Hayward Wednesday, August 31, 2011 6:55 PM
    Monday, August 29, 2011 10:02 PM
  • I was not able to recover the deleted items folder.  When I clicked on the above link I did not see PR_ATTR_HIDDEN. What am I doing wrong?
    Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:26 PM