none
Drag n Drop of multiple rows of External Data (Excel) to Visio is Diagonal RRS feed

• Question

• I love the Visio integration that allows me to link a data source or Excel spreadsheet to Visio.  However it is irritating that if I drag a bunch of rows from External Data to the Visio canvas, they are created as a single diagonal line of objects.  It would be a lot easier to rearrange and align groups of objects if they were in a straight line, or even better, could be auto arranged inside a container.  Is there any configuration that can affect the multi-selected drag n drop behavior?  Thanks!

Friday, May 31, 2019 1:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As far as I know, it's a default behavior and there is no build-in option to configure it. I suggest you post your idea in Visio UserVoice suggestion box. If you are using Visio 2016 or later versions, you can also send your feedback in Visio: click File > Feedback.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, June 3, 2019 5:42 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, June 6, 2019 9:28 AM