none
Parser Error RRS feed

  • Question

  •  Can someone please help me with this error.

    Parser Error

    Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

    Parser Error Message: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: 
    Line 2: <browsers>
    Line 3: <browser id="Safari2" parentID="Safari1Plus">

    Source File: /App_Browsers/compat.browser    Line: 1

    Brian
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 5:30 PM

Answers

  •  

    Hello,

     

          The problem occurs perhaps because the _vti_cnf folder is not marked hidden. If something keeps that from happening, you can get a few different errors because of it. The reason is that the aspnet_compiler.exe will try to compile these files since the folder isn't hidden.

     

          You can try to mark the _vti folders as hidden. As long as this folder is hidden, the compiler will just skip over it and everything will be fine. Mark the _vti_cnf folders in the App_Browsers folder to fix the problem.

     

           Hope it can help you.

           Jerry


    Xing-Bing Yu
    • Marked as answer by Xing-Bing Yu - MSFT Wednesday, September 3, 2008 8:38 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by bstevens Monday, September 15, 2008 5:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by bstevens Monday, September 15, 2008 5:11 PM
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 7:30 AM

All replies

  • You will need to provide much more than this.  What page is this happening on?  Do yo have custom web parts on this page?  What have you changed lately?
    Shannon Bray - MCT, MCPD, MCTS, MCITP
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:01 PM
  • I do not know what if any webparts are on the page as the guy who designed it quit suddenly and I did not have time to check the site out before this started happening.

    It happens immediately upon trying to open the site. 

    Nothing new has been added to the site for quite a while.  It was being used mainly for announcements and links to resources. 

    We did have the sp_search user disappear (sometime during the 6 months we were without any IT personel) but I added it back and everything seemed to working well (this was about 2 weeks before this problem showed up).

    Brian
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 7:49 PM
  • try this ... at the end of the url  paste ?contents=1

    This will bring up the Web Part Manager.  You can then remove any unknown web parts.


    Shannon Bray - MCT, MCPD, MCTS, MCITP
    Tuesday, August 26, 2008 9:06 PM
  •  

    Hello,

     

          The problem occurs perhaps because the _vti_cnf folder is not marked hidden. If something keeps that from happening, you can get a few different errors because of it. The reason is that the aspnet_compiler.exe will try to compile these files since the folder isn't hidden.

     

          You can try to mark the _vti folders as hidden. As long as this folder is hidden, the compiler will just skip over it and everything will be fine. Mark the _vti_cnf folders in the App_Browsers folder to fix the problem.

     

           Hope it can help you.

           Jerry


    Xing-Bing Yu
    • Marked as answer by Xing-Bing Yu - MSFT Wednesday, September 3, 2008 8:38 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by bstevens Monday, September 15, 2008 5:10 PM
    • Marked as answer by bstevens Monday, September 15, 2008 5:11 PM
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 7:30 AM
  • Hidding the _vti_cnf folder fixed it.  It seems Frontpage unhides it whenever the website is opened.

    Thank You!

    Brian

    Monday, September 15, 2008 5:14 PM