none
EWS Managed API 1.0 Release Candidate now available!

General discussion

• The Release Candidate of the EWS Managed API 1.0 is available right now here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=e8f38dd1-f123-4a16-b4c8-584d1f84af48 (search engines will catch up soon).

Notable changes in this updated version:

• Free/Busy Service support via ExchangeService.GetUserAvailability, ExchangeService.GetOofSettings and ExchangeService.SetOofSettings
    • DNS SRV record lookup support for Autodiscover
    • Indexed Search (Exchange 2010 only)
    • Numerous bug fixes

Note that this new version introduces some breaking changes:
    • In a FindItems call, the search filter now has to be passed as a parameter to FindItems, as opposed to being a property of ItemView
    • The notifications interface has been overhauled.
    • Other minor breaking changes

Please consult the Getting Started document dropped in the installation directory for further details.

Happy coding!

David Claux | Program Manager - Exchange Web Services
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:17 PM

All replies

• Please note that this is still a pre-release version of the API, and that it is still not redistributable.
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 6:28 PM
  • Excellent work guys, will be downloading this right now to check it out.  Keep up the good work..

Also to those of you just starting out with this API and particularly doing email scanning of mailboxes,  ive dedicated my first blog ever to coding with this new technology.

http://edmguy.blogspot.com/2009/08/managed-exchange-ews-api-vbnet-part-1.html

Regards,
    Andy
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 3:38 PM
  • Hi Andy,

Thanks for the good words. We are glad you like our API.

Also thanks a lot for posting an article that puts our API forward. We certainly want as many people as possible to know about this new, easy way to consume EWS. Note that you missed the "l" at the end of the URL above. The correct link is apparently http://edmguy.blogspot.com/2009/08/managed-exchange-ews-api-vbnet-part-1.html
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 4:06 PM
  • Feel free to give that blog a once over to make sure ive not pushed anyone down the wrong path.  And thanks for pointing out the broken link.

*edit*  Ive just updated the blog post to be compatible with the RC version of the API.   Now I just have to update my service too :-)

Cheers
    A

Thursday, August 20, 2009 4:11 PM
  • How can I change the Exchangeversion from 2010 to 2007_SP1?
    I don't find a function or property which provides this functionality.
    I've only found the enum ExchangeVersion with the Detail: Exchange2007_SP1.
    But where can I say the ExchangeService-instance that it should use it?

Thanks
    Michael

edit:
    problem solved :-)
    the constructor provides the functioniality I searched :-)
    Friday, August 21, 2009 12:36 PM
  • Is there an estimated date for RTM?
    We are about to start mentoring one of our clients to use EWS.
    It would be really nice if I could recommend them to use EWS Managed API instead of auto-generated proxies.
    Alfred Myers - MVP Visual Developer - Visual C#, MCT, MCPD Enterprise Applications Developer, MCSD .NET
    • Edited by Alfred Myers Wednesday, October 07, 2009 7:42 PM corrected misspeling
    Wednesday, October 07, 2009 7:35 PM
  • Hi there,
    Is there any documentation on how to create a listener for push notifications?

Thank you
    Friday, October 09, 2009 12:36 AM