none
Business Contact Manager for Outlook could not complete your last action or actions. Please try again. RRS feed

• Question

• While there are several threads on this error, "Business Contact Manager for Outlook could not complete your last action or actions.   Please try again.", none of them seem to apply to me.    I have spent well over a week trying different things and here is what I have discovered, although the problem continues to exist.

Setup that fails:

Windows 7 64 bit with Microsoft office 32 bit.  BCM 32 bit

Regardless if I use a new profile, the sample database or my newly created database not all features of the software work.    I have duplicated the issued exactly on 3 installs and each time the same results.   Some of the odd things are:  I cant link business contacts to Accounts, as that option is simply not on the screen.   If I want to customize the form, I always get a form that comes up that is titled, "Account - Journal Entry" and not a customization form that you would expect.    I have also noticed that at the top menu area I have a Developer tab.   I can do a little here, but it still does not work.    The error message comes up A LOT when doing different things within BCM.  Another simple example is select "Reports" followed by anyone of the stock reports and the error immediately occurs.

My orginal goal was to install  BCM on a VM server, have a few users connect to it and all be happy.   I knew it would not be this easy.....

What does work:

Install the server tool, and latest version of SQL express onto a 2012 Data Center VM.   Install Office 2013 onto the same VM server.  Regardless if I connect to a local database or remote database, (although its technically in the physical vm I'm using), everything works as you would expect.   I can modify forms, add fields, link accounts and contacts, and yes even run the reports.    However, when any one of the 3 workstations connect to the database on the remote server, they experience the same problems as they do when the database is local to each workstation.   The only situation where BCM will work for me, is logged on to the physical server, running outlook 2013 locally on the server.    I really hope I'm missing something simple here?    Ideas ?

Thanks and I sincerely look forward in resolving this one.

Kenny

Friday, November 15, 2013 4:47 PM

Answers

• Update:    I have reformatted a machine, installed office and BCM on the machine that is completely off the network.     Everything works fine.   I also created a VPN connection into my network and through BCM connected to a remote BMC database.  Everything worked 100% as far as I can tell.    This leaves me with something in my physical network or security policy that is keeping BMC from working correctly.   I have reviewd every policy that I have and can not find anything that should be effecting the application from running.    Is there anything else that I'm missing that could keep BCM from working as stated in previous post?   Firewalls and Anti-Virus software have been completely removed as well.

Thanks,

Kenny

• Marked as answer by Kenny-ssa Saturday, May 17, 2014 2:41 AM
    Monday, November 18, 2013 6:01 PM

All replies

• What the verstion of SQL Express you are using?

Please enable Logging in BCM 2010 from File > Business Contact Manager > start Logging. Spent some time by tracking long files. You may upload it onto Skydrive and share it here. (Please hide the private and important information in logs if necessary)

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rathomas/archive/2010/03/16/how-to-enable-logging-in-bcm-2010.aspx

We may also collect the SQL Express log file to further analyze for the problem. (In some cases, it caused by the SQL Express "4GB limitation" or unable to create OFFLINE copy of <customer name> BCM database due to the huge TRANSACTION LOG file growth)

Feel free to post back. Thanks.

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 18, 2013 1:39 PM
  • Here is a copy of the latest log file.   For this test, I switched to the built-in sample database.   The database is also running on the local computer and not on the SQL Express VM at the moment.  

UPDATE Testing over weekend:    I somehow believe this problem may be related to a security or group policy setting.    Remember, Outlook-BCM on server works 100% while Outlook-BCM workstation fails.    The server does not get the same policy's that a workstation gets, but I cant find anything of interest except that there are two items that are disabled on the workstations running Outlook-BCM, but those are not disabled on the server test copy of Outlook-BMC.   When I go to: -->FILE -->OPTIONS -->ADD-INS  -->dISABLED items   I see the following 2 files listed:    Addin:  "mssphtb.dll" & "BCSAddin.Connect".     I am currently in the process of setting up a test computer with NO network access, thus no network policy's and will report if any changes.   

Thanks,

[E] [08:56:37.0344461]BCMRes: The system cannot find the file specified
    [E] [08:56:37.0354462]BCMRes:    at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
       at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName)
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.OutSpace.LoggingSlab.OnAction(String element)
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.OutSpace.OnAction(String slab, String element)
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.BaseExplorerWrapper.OutSpace_OnAction(String slab, String element)
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.Connect.OutSpace_OnAction(IRibbonControl c)
    [V] [08:56:39.8327259]Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils: Start Logging
    [E] [08:56:49.8527278]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    Parameter name: region
    [E] [08:56:49.8527278]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetCancel()
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.BaseInspectorWrapper.InspectorOpen(Boolean& Cancel)
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.BaseInspectorWrapper.currentItemEvents_Open(Boolean& Cancel)
    [E] [08:56:51.2718697]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.2728698]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.OnGetRibbonButtonEnabled(String action, IRibbonControl c)
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.Connect.OnGetRibbonButtonEnabled(IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:56:51.2748700]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.2748700]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.OnGetRibbonButtonEnabled(String action, IRibbonControl c)
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.Connect.OnGetRibbonButtonEnabled(IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:56:51.2768702]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.2768702]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.2788704]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.2788704]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.2808706]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.2808706]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.2818707]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.2898715]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3088734]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3088734]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3118737]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3118737]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3138739]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3148740]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3168742]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3168742]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3188744]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3188744]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3208746]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3208746]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3228748]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3228748]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3238749]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3248750]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3258751]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3258751]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3278753]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3278753]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3288754]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3298755]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3308756]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3308756]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.OnGetRibbonControlVisible(String action, IRibbonControl c)
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.Connect.OnGetRibbonControlVisible(IRibbonControl c, Boolean isMsoControl)
    [E] [08:56:51.3328758]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3328758]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3338759]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3338759]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3358761]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3358761]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3368762]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3378763]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.OnGetRibbonControlVisible(String action, IRibbonControl c)
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.Connect.OnGetRibbonControlVisible(IRibbonControl c, Boolean isMsoControl)
    [E] [08:56:51.3388764]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3388764]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3408766]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3418767]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3438769]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3438769]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3448770]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3458771]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3468772]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3468772]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3488774]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3488774]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3498775]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3508776]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3518777]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3518777]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3578783]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3588784]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.OnGetRibbonButtonPressed(String action, IRibbonControl c)
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.Connect.OnGetRibbonButtonPressed(IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:56:51.3598785]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3608786]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.OnGetRibbonButtonPressed(String action, IRibbonControl c)
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.Connect.OnGetRibbonButtonPressed(IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:56:51.3628788]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3638789]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3648790]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3648790]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3668792]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3668792]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3688794]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3688794]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3708796]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3718797]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3728798]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3738799]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3748800]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3758801]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3768802]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3768802]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3788804]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3788804]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [E] [08:56:51.3798805]BCMRes: Failed to get Details page.
    [E] [08:56:51.3808806]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.Reports_Inspector.GetReportSurface()
    [V] [08:56:57.9115336]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIException: hresult=0xffffffff8004010f, message:
    [V] [08:56:57.9125337]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:
    [V] [08:56:57.9125337]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.Mapi.MessageStore.MapiProp.OpenProperty(PropTag OpenPropTag, Type InterfaceType, IMAPIProp_OpenProperty_Flags flags)
       at Microsoft.Interop.Mapi.MAPIPropImpl<IMessage,Microsoft::Interop::Mapi::IMessage>.OpenPropertyManaged(MAPIPropImpl<IMessage\,Microsoft::Interop::Mapi::IMessage>* , UInt32 ulPropTag, _GUID* lpiid, UInt32 ulInterfaceOptions, UInt32 ulFlags, IUnknown** lppUnk)
    [V] [08:56:57.9125337]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIException: hresult=0xffffffff8004010f, message:
    [V] [08:56:57.9135338]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:
    [V] [08:56:57.9135338]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.Mapi.MessageStore.MapiProp.OpenProperty(PropTag OpenPropTag, Type InterfaceType, IMAPIProp_OpenProperty_Flags flags)
       at Microsoft.Interop.Mapi.MAPIPropImpl<IMessage,Microsoft::Interop::Mapi::IMessage>.OpenPropertyManaged(MAPIPropImpl<IMessage\,Microsoft::Interop::Mapi::IMessage>* , UInt32 ulPropTag, _GUID* lpiid, UInt32 ulInterfaceOptions, UInt32 ulFlags, IUnknown** lppUnk)
    [V] [08:56:58.0635488]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIException: hresult=0xffffffff8004010f, message:
    [V] [08:56:58.0645489]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:
    [V] [08:56:58.0645489]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.Mapi.MessageStore.MapiProp.OpenProperty(PropTag OpenPropTag, Type InterfaceType, IMAPIProp_OpenProperty_Flags flags)
    [V] [08:56:58.0645489]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIException: hresult=0xffffffff8004010f, message:
    [V] [08:56:58.0655490]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:
    [V] [08:56:58.0655490]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.Mapi.MessageStore.MapiProp.OpenProperty(PropTag OpenPropTag, Type InterfaceType, IMAPIProp_OpenProperty_Flags flags)
    [V] [08:56:58.0655490]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIException: hresult=0xffffffff8004010f, message:
    [V] [08:56:58.0655490]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:
    [V] [08:56:58.0665491]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.Mapi.MessageStore.MapiProp.OpenProperty(PropTag OpenPropTag, Type InterfaceType, IMAPIProp_OpenProperty_Flags flags)
    [V] [08:56:58.0665491]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIException: hresult=0xffffffff8004010f, message:
    [V] [08:56:58.0665491]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:
    [V] [08:56:58.0665491]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.Mapi.MessageStore.MapiProp.OpenProperty(PropTag OpenPropTag, Type InterfaceType, IMAPIProp_OpenProperty_Flags flags)
    [V] [08:56:58.0675492]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIException: hresult=0xffffffff8004010f, message:
    [V] [08:56:58.0675492]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:
    [V] [08:56:58.0675492]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.Mapi.MessageStore.MapiProp.OpenProperty(PropTag OpenPropTag, Type InterfaceType, IMAPIProp_OpenProperty_Flags flags)
    [V] [08:56:58.0685493]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIException: hresult=0xffffffff8004010f, message:
    [V] [08:56:58.0685493]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:
    [V] [08:56:58.0685493]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.Mapi.MessageStore.MapiProp.OpenProperty(PropTag OpenPropTag, Type InterfaceType, IMAPIProp_OpenProperty_Flags flags)
    [V] [08:56:58.0685493]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIException: hresult=0xffffffff8004010f, message:
    [V] [08:56:58.0695494]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:
    [V] [08:56:58.0695494]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.Mapi.MessageStore.MapiProp.OpenProperty(PropTag OpenPropTag, Type InterfaceType, IMAPIProp_OpenProperty_Flags flags)
    [V] [08:56:58.0695494]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIException: hresult=0xffffffff8004010f, message:
    [V] [08:56:58.0695494]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:
    [V] [08:56:58.0705495]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.Mapi.MessageStore.MapiProp.OpenProperty(PropTag OpenPropTag, Type InterfaceType, IMAPIProp_OpenProperty_Flags flags)
    [V] [08:56:59.4326857]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIException: hresult=0xffffffff8004010f, message:
    [V] [08:56:59.4336858]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:
    [V] [08:56:59.4336858]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.Mapi.MessageStore.MapiProp.OpenProperty(PropTag OpenPropTag, Type InterfaceType, IMAPIProp_OpenProperty_Flags flags)
    [V] [08:56:59.4336858]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore: MAPIException: hresult=0xffffffff8004010f, message:
    [V] [08:56:59.4346859]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:
    [V] [08:56:59.4346859]Iris.Mapi.MessageStore:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.Mapi.MessageStore.MapiProp.OpenProperty(PropTag OpenPropTag, Type InterfaceType, IMAPIProp_OpenProperty_Flags flags)
    [E] [08:56:59.5676992]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:56:59.5686993]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonButtonEnabled(String action, IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:56:59.5706995]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:56:59.5706995]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonButtonEnabled(String action, IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:56:59.5716996]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:56:59.5726997]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonButtonEnabled(String action, IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:56:59.5736998]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:56:59.5736998]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonButtonEnabled(String action, IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:56:59.5746999]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:56:59.5757000]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonButtonEnabled(String action, IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:56:59.5767001]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:56:59.5767001]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonButtonEnabled(String action, IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:56:59.5817006]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:56:59.5817006]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonButtonPressed(String action, IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:57:03.2200644]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:57:03.2210645]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonLabel(String action, IRibbonControl c)
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.Connect.OnGetRibbonLabel(IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:57:03.2230647]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:57:03.2230647]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonImage(String action, IRibbonControl c)
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.Connect.OnGetRibbonImage(IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:57:03.2240648]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:57:03.2240648]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonButtonPressed(String action, IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:57:03.2260650]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:57:03.2260650]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonLabel(String action, IRibbonControl c)
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.Connect.OnGetRibbonLabel(IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:57:03.2280652]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:57:03.2280652]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonButtonPressed(String action, IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:57:03.2290653]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:57:03.2290653]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonLabel(String action, IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:57:03.2310655]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:57:03.2310655]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonButtonPressed(String action, IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:57:03.2320656]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:57:03.2320656]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonLabel(String action, IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:57:03.2340658]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:57:03.2340658]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonButtonPressed(String action, IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:57:03.2350659]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:57:03.2360660]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonLabel(String action, IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:57:03.2370661]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:57:03.2370661]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonButtonPressed(String action, IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:57:03.2380662]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:57:03.2390663]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonLabel(String action, IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:57:03.2410665]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:57:03.2410665]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonButtonPressed(String action, IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:57:03.2430667]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:57:03.2430667]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonLabel(String action, IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:57:03.2450669]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:57:03.2450669]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnGetRibbonButtonPressed(String action, IRibbonControl c)
    [E] [08:57:04.0071431]BCMRes: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    [E] [08:57:04.0071431]BCMRes:    at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.CSUtils.FormDesigner_Inspector.OnRibbonButtonPressed(String action, Boolean pressed, IRibbonControl c)
       at Microsoft.BusinessSolutions.eCRM.OutlookAddIn.Connect.OnRibbonButtonPressed(IRibbonControl c, Boolean pressed)

Monday, November 18, 2013 3:07 PM
  • Sorry, I forgot to post the SQL Express version we are using.   All servers and workstations are patched / updated weekly via WSUS FYI.

Windows 7 Workstation:  Whatever was included with the BMC install.   I believe it is: 

SQL Server Configuration Manager

Microsoft Corporation

Version: 2007.0100.1600.022

2012 Datacenter Standard VM Server:   

SQL Server Configuration Manager

Microsoft Corporation

Version: 2011.0110.2100.060

Thanks,

Kenny

Monday, November 18, 2013 3:13 PM
  • Update:    I have reformatted a machine, installed office and BCM on the machine that is completely off the network.     Everything works fine.   I also created a VPN connection into my network and through BCM connected to a remote BMC database.  Everything worked 100% as far as I can tell.    This leaves me with something in my physical network or security policy that is keeping BMC from working correctly.   I have reviewd every policy that I have and can not find anything that should be effecting the application from running.    Is there anything else that I'm missing that could keep BCM from working as stated in previous post?   Firewalls and Anti-Virus software have been completely removed as well.

Thanks,

Kenny

• Marked as answer by Kenny-ssa Saturday, May 17, 2014 2:41 AM
    Monday, November 18, 2013 6:01 PM