none
Edit enhanced rich text item in list error RRS feed

• Question

• Afternoon all, 

A site collection administrator on the farm has created a list which includes a column that is Multiple lines of text, Enhanced rich text.  It appears that a user of the list has added an item with invalid HTML code and now the edit form for the list will not completely load.  All other list items are editable with no issues.

Is there a way to edit the list item in question, or will it be necessary to delete and then recreate the list item?  Thank you in advance.

Monday, February 3, 2014 10:33 PM

Answers

• Hi Alex, did you try editing the list in Datasheet view? If you can get into that, you should be able to delete the code. Otherwise you could change the list column setting to plain text, but obviously that would change all the list items and you probably don't want to do that. I don't know of any other workaround other than to delete the item.

cameron rautmann

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 2:52 PM
  • I did try the datasheet view, and unfortunately it does not allow for edit of the code there either.  It appears the best option may be to mark the list column as plain text or to delete and recreate the list item.
    • Marked as answer by Alex Pechler Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:15 PM
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Alex, did you try editing the list in Datasheet view? If you can get into that, you should be able to delete the code. Otherwise you could change the list column setting to plain text, but obviously that would change all the list items and you probably don't want to do that. I don't know of any other workaround other than to delete the item.

cameron rautmann

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 2:52 PM
  • I did try the datasheet view, and unfortunately it does not allow for edit of the code there either.  It appears the best option may be to mark the list column as plain text or to delete and recreate the list item.
    • Marked as answer by Alex Pechler Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:15 PM
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:49 PM