none
Visio 2019 RRS feed

• Question

• Having Office 2013 installed and purchased Volume License for Visio 2019.

I was able to download install after running xml (preconfigured) to the folder under the root.

Now after I configured install excluding all products but Visio my setup /configure configuration.xml seems to not working...???

I need advice...I wish to download the product and be done with it...Why simple process requires extra steps...?????????????????

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 1:45 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to confirm what the detailed version of Office 2013, is it a one-time purchased click-to-run version of Office 2013 or a volume licensed MSI version?

If the Office 2013 is the click-to-run version, it is not supported to install Visio 2019 on the same computer. If you are using volume licensed MSI version of Office 2013, please share the detailed Visio configuration.xml file here for further analysis.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 9:53 AM
  • Well, I have regular Office 2013 license purchased from Dell.

It sounds like that will not work...??? I also tried that xml on my other pc which is having Office 365 ProPlus and system is telling me that I have to remove Office 365 ProPlus first....this is something...I did not have Office on that one...!!!!

This is my xml (install one)

<Configuration>
      <Add OfficeClientEdition="64" Channel="PerpetualVL2019">
          <Product ID="VisioPro2019Volume" PIDKEY="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-11111">
             <Language ID="en-us"/>
          </Product>
    <Product ID="ProofingTools">
             <Language ID="en-us"/>
        </Product>
      </Add>
      <RemoveMSI All="True" />
      <Display Level="Full" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />

</Configuration>

Monday, November 19, 2018 2:16 PM
  • Well, I have regular Office 2013 license purchased from Dell.

It sounds like that will not work...??? I also tried that xml on my other pc which is having Office 365 ProPlus and system is telling me that I have to remove Office 365 ProPlus first....this is something...I did not have Office on that one...!!!!

This is my xml (install one)

<Configuration>
      <Add OfficeClientEdition="64" Channel="PerpetualVL2019">
          <Product ID="VisioPro2019Volume" PIDKEY="xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-11111">
             <Language ID="en-us"/>
          </Product>
    <Product ID="ProofingTools">
             <Language ID="en-us"/>
        </Product>
      </Add>
      <RemoveMSI All="True" />
      <Display Level="Full" AcceptEULA="TRUE" />

</Configuration>

Hi,

In Word 2013, go to File > Account, under Product Information, confirm if there is an Update Options button. If there is, it is the click-to-run version of Office 2013. If there is no Update Options button, it is Windows Installer (MSI) version of Office 2013.

If you have click-to-run version of Office 2013 installed on current computer, it is not supported to install Visio 2019. Please uninstall Office 2013, then install Visio 2019 on current computer. 

Anything unclear about the Visio 2019 deployment, feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 9:41 AM
  • I removed it but this time the message is telling me that I have to have Win10 to continue...on one of the computers.

I decided to try on Win 10 Pro after removing Office 365 ProPlus ...

Now I'm getting error that this product can't be installed on selected update channel. Prior that when I tried to install Visio Pro 2019 utilizing xml my system was telling me to remove Office which I did...This is really something....!!!!

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 4:17 PM
  • I think I resolved the issues..I was able to install Visio 2019 after removing proofing tools...!!!
    Wednesday, November 21, 2018 5:01 PM
  • I think I resolved the issues..I was able to install Visio 2019 after removing proofing tools...!!!

Glad that the issue is fixed. Thanks for the solution sharing. It is very helpful. 

If there is no further issue, please remember to mark your solution as an answer to close the thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Thursday, November 22, 2018 1:42 AM