none
Forwarding Emails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We need to forward email to a legal counsil. Which is easy and I have set it up. But, is there a way to let the person know that this email that is coming to his account was from that particular email. Some kind of location within the mail when it gets forwarded that it says "This mail is from this mailbox".

Thanks

AA2913

Monday, October 14, 2019 3:52 PM

All replies

• Hi AA2913,

If you have configured auto forwarding, then the email forwarded to the legal counsel will be generated from the original sender. But we can't determine the original sender every time so it's hard to create a rule to prepend a disclaimer when forwarding.

I recommend you to cancel the email forwarding and create a rule like this:

Apply this rule if the recipient is the particular mailbox.

Do the following: CC the message to legal counsel and Prepend the disclaimer

Then the email sent to the legal counsel will show "This mail is from this mailbox".

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:01 AM
  • Hi,

I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 18, 2019 1:26 AM
  • Hi AA2913,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Beverly Gao

Friday, October 25, 2019 2:36 AM