none
email migration from google apps to Microsoft exchange 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• We are using google apps for email services and and having about 400 email ids. i have installed exchange 2013 and want to migrate all the emails in exchange. Please advise the appropriate free solution.

Monday, June 24, 2013 10:16 AM

All replies

• Hi

Why are changing from Google Apps to Microsoft Exchange, is there any issue, or any features that you are not find or not satisfied with google apps, I am asking this because, I was planning to migrate my email to google app from normal hosting. pls advice which is better

regards

subhash

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 9:56 AM
  • Take the PST that googleapps uses and then create a new profile with the exchange server setup as an imap connection (you will have to enable and start the imap service) and then drag your gmail folders into the imap connection to your exchange box.  Try and not do these all at once as it may fail, just do a folder at a time or there abouts.
    Monday, August 3, 2015 10:51 PM
  • 1. Export your Gmail mailboxes to PST

2. Import the PST's into Exchange http://www.msexchange.org/articles-tutorials/exchange-server-2013/management-administration/managing-pst-import-export-process-exchange-server-2013-part1.html

Search, Recover, & Extract Mailboxes, Folders, & Email Items from Offline Exchange Mailbox and Public Folder EDB's and Live Exchange Servers or Import/Migrate direct from Offline EDB to Any Production Exchange Server, even cross version i.e. 2003 --> 2007 --> 2010 --> 2013 with Lucid8's DigiScope

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 12:49 AM
  • Hi.

1. Install Exchange 2013.
    2. Adjust the coexistence and mail flow.
    3. Import PST or IMAPSYNC (third-party synchronization utility)
    4. GPO to connect Outlook.

MCITP, MCSE. Regards, Oleg

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 1:16 AM
  • The manual approach for G Suite to Office 365 migration requires a subtle expertise in the technicalities, or you might just end up messing it all up or even losing your data. You will need to perform the manual steps carefully.

Here are the manual steps to migrate from G Suite to Office 365 in this tutorial: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/google-apps-to-office-365-7238afaa

As an alternative, you can also opt for automated tools like SysTools G Suite to Office 365 Migration tool to effortlessly perform Google G Suite to Office 365 migration without the fear of data loss.

Hope this is helpful,

Regards,

Jen
    Wednesday, February 20, 2019 5:50 AM