deleted RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Hi

there are 3rd party tools that will do the conversion for you.

Hope this helps. Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 11:41 AM
  • Hi,

If you still have the account where the .ost file was created from, just create a new .pst file and then manually move the items from the .ost to it.

If you no longer have the original account, try some 3rd-party tools to do the conversion.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 1:33 AM
  • Some best free ways to recover OST file to PST format is to first repair OST file with the help of OST Integrity Check Tool.

This help to scan and repair Server's OST files which are less corrupted. After repairing it, you can convert OST to PST by following any of the given techniques:-

1. Archiving OST files

2. Importing OST files to new PST file

3. Converting OST files
    Friday, October 24, 2014 6:53 PM
  • Hi

If you are able to open Outlook using the OST file, then create a PST file in outlook, create folders like inbox, sent items etc. and from OST inbox, select and drag all mails to PST inbox, similar for sent items and other folders.

Thanks

Prabodha

Thursday, September 8, 2016 5:24 AM
  • Yes, if someone who is still searching for the same topic then i would like to share my experience for the same kind of problem. I use MS Outlook as my primary email client and it suddenly stopped working, i never took backup as .pst. But it created OST file at outlook data location. I tried manual solution but didn't worked for me. I tried many free tools too. and finally got this OST to PST file converter by pcvare. You can also try this ost file converter the best thing using third party tools is they sometimes benefits you with extra feature. I needed to convert OST to PDF too and in cost of one product it helped me to 2 formats conversion.

There are many more software available you can google.

Wednesday, October 5, 2016 12:50 PM
  • Some tools are available in the market, you can search through google or I will recommend OST to PST tool, this software will help you to convert emails from OST to PST file format. Go ahead and download free software.:- http://www.osttopstapp.com

Saturday, April 1, 2017 5:35 AM
  • There is two option to convert OST file to PST, either do manually or try to use Third Party Utility tools.

In the Manual process, there is three way: -

1) Archive

2) Export to a new file

3) Move the Item to new PST file.

following are the steps for converting OST to PST By Exporting them to a new PST file.

Launch Microsoft Outlook on your system.

Step 2: Click File tab, then click Open > Import.

Step 3: In Import and Export Wizard, choose an action to perform: Export to a file. click Next.

Step 4: Now select Outlook data file (.pst) in the list, and click Next.

Step 5: Select the mailbox folder that you want to export from. click Next.

Step 6: Now you can see the selected PST file. Also, you can check other options given there. Click Finish to start the process.

Step 7: Within a couple of minutes the process is completed. You can now check the new Outlook data file at the location you defined earlier.

But, I would suggest using Third Party Tool is the better option because in a manual way there are chances to lose data, you can download OST To PST Converter of SysInfotools.

Friday, June 30, 2017 5:38 AM
  • If you need to migrate Your ost file to pst outlook format then try this free ost to pst converter software this software is best secure tool to migrate you ost file data.
    Saturday, August 19, 2017 12:06 PM
  • Hello friend are you searching Most excellent Exchange Recovery software, then don’t upset use Enstella OST to PST Recovery Software to recover OST file and export your OST file into 11 formats PST, EML, MSG, DOC, TXT, RTF, MBOC and HTML and short note meta support like as :- data + to + cc + bcc + from + subject + date and time etc. Split large PST file into small PST file 1GB, 2GB, 3GB, 4GB and 5GB and windows win 10

Search on Google "Enstella OST to PST Converter" in Google

Get more information by using this link:-https://steemit.com/recover/@enstellasystems/ost-to-pst

Friday, December 1, 2017 7:19 AM
  • To remove OST file errors, you may take at DataVare OST to PST converter, It can provides a very proficient way to convert OST into PST without having any interruption.It stores all file in original format that is TXT, RTF, HTML, etc. It can repair whole OST file data and re-open OST file into new running PST, EML, MSG and HTML formats. It also recover OST file data along with whole corrupted Outlook OST email items such as - Inbox, outbox, sent mail, note, task, journals and draft etc.

This Tool works on all versions of windows.
    Thursday, December 28, 2017 9:43 AM
  • Try our new Free OST to PST Converter Software that recovers corrupted OST file to pst file. And you can export to pst file, office 365 and Live Exchange Server.

Features of the OST to PST Converter Tool: 

-Convert encrypted OST to PST file
    -Repairs Corrupted OST files
    -Ultra-fast export of mails from OST to PST
    -Allow Saving of OST files in different Format
    -Preview all the items like emails, contacts, calendar before actual export
    -Conversion of emails, contacts, notes, calendars, Tasks, Journals and Etc...

For more information, visit: https://www.edbmails.com/pages/download-edb-to-pst-edb-to-office-365-edb-to-live-exchange-migrator.html

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 8:02 AM
  • Hi,John

There are several methods to convert OST file to PST file.

First, Microsoft does not provide an official tool to do the conversion. However, if you can access the contents of the OST file in your Outlook, then you can perform the conversion manually, as follows:

1. Start Outlook. Make sure you can access all the contents in the OST file to be converted.

2. Create a new PST file.

3. Go to the OST file, select and copy all the contents to be converted with your mouse.

4. Go back to the new PST file, then paste all the contents into the PST file

That will do the ost 2 pstconversion.

You can also perform the conversion by exporting the contents of OST file to PST file by following the instructions at:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/outlook-help/export-outlook-items-to-an-outlook-data-file-pst-HA102534110.aspx

Second, if you can access the Exchange server containing the account data for the OST file, then you can use Export-Mailbox command to export the data into a PST file, similar to convert your OST file into a PST file. Below is the article about doing that:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb266964.aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc535123.aspx

Third, you can try  a free OST to PST converter via Outlook VBA . Below is the article about doing that:

https://www.datanumen.com/blogs/free-ost-pst-converter-via-outlook-vba/

Hope this will help. Good Luck!  

• Edited by JO1221 Thursday, January 11, 2018 8:48 AM
    • Proposed as answer by AshCatchem Saturday, February 17, 2018 7:31 AM
    Thursday, January 4, 2018 8:34 AM
  • Well, there are manual methods for ost to pst conversion. This involves archiving, migration of ost files to pst file format. But, the manual method might be complicated and time-consuming and even a minor mistake may lead to data corruption. If you do not want to perform all this, You can use a third-party software tool for successful ost to pst conversion. 

Hope it helps.

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 6:41 AM
  • OST files are profile specific and POP accounts don't use OSTs. Your best bet is to use a OST to PST converter tool and then you can have access to the mail. 
    Monday, September 3, 2018 8:10 AM
  • Hi, thank you for your question, I was also having the same problem and looking for the solution. 
    Monday, January 21, 2019 10:39 AM
  • Hi, If you want to convert your OST file mailbox data to Microsoft Outlook PST file format then I suggest you to use OST to PST converter program. The user can also migrate the data in case OST file is corrupted or Orphaned. This utility gives you various file formats to save the OST file data such as PST / EML / MSG / Office 365 and HTML. This tool is equipped with easy to use graphical user interface so that technical and novice users can easily use this software with ease. I hope this will definitely solve your problem. For complete info, the user can refer this: https://www.ostpstsoftware.com/

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 6:51 AM
  • If you are looking for solution OST to PST Conversion, You can use OST to PST Converter for Converting Multiple OST file into PST format, For more information: https://www.toolsbaer.com/ost-to-pst-conversion/
    Friday, June 21, 2019 6:45 AM
  • If you are looking for Solution for Conversion Softaken OST to PST, You can use OST to PST Converter for Converting OST fie into PST format without any error.
    Friday, June 21, 2019 7:07 AM