none
Size of Document Information Panel in Office 2013- SharePoint 2013

Question

• Hi All,

I have a strange issue with the way the DIP is displayed in MS Office 2013 applications (Word, Excel etc.). We are using SharePoint Server 2013 and for users with MS Office 2010 everything is fine.

For those with Office 2013 the DIP is displayed with a big, white space underneath it like in the picture below:

screenshot

Users, in fact can change the size of the DIP window by dragging its bottom edge up a bit, but this is extremely uncomfortable for each of the documents they open.

Our DIPs are standard, OOTB ones- no Infopath etc. used.

Hope someone can shed the light on the issue. 

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 8:28 AM

All replies

• I understand that you are using standard ootb DIPs with no InfoPath customization.  But have you tried to edit the DIP for the affected content type in InfoPath to see if you are able to adjust the size?

Johnathan Lightfoot

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 3:12 AM
  • No. Please note that for users with Office 2010, the Document Info Panel is displayed correctly. Editing the size of the DIP for content type might affect those users.

Secondly, we do not have access to InfoPath nor we want to use it since Microsoft are retiring the product.

It looks to me that the issue lays in Office 2013 only. Any other suggestions?  

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 7:49 AM
  • Lukas did you ever find a solution for this?  We have just encountered it for one of our customers - exactly the same issue.  2010 works fine, 2013 has the large blank area at the bottom.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 12:32 AM
  • No rdan2. We sort of got used to it and left it as it is waiting for an MS update of the product(s). It is really a cosmetic issue but extremely annoying.

Hope someone else has a solution.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014 8:52 AM
  • Hi Lukas,

Just wondered if you have heard of a solution for this yet (8 months on)?  Just about to move all our users (mostly laptops) to Office 2013 and have already seen for myself how annoying this is on a smaller screen.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 3:55 PM
  • Keep in mind the DIP no longer exists in Word 2016, so you may not want to worry about this too much, especially if you have an O365 Subscription for Office.

Trevor Seward

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 4:11 PM
  • No solution yet for users on Office 2013. We're not planning to move to Office 2016 or O365 so we have to live with this.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2015 6:58 PM