none
Extra space in Page heading RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

How do I remove the extra space above the page heading as it is wasting lot of page space (unable to attache image). I am new to SP and I am creating this page in Project Online. I checked through wen and found some instructions to input some code but I don't have option to edit any web parts in this page though I am an admin of PWA.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 4:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Mangaiah,

Here is your answer from MS TechNet Community

I'll post my own workaround, too. I discovered this one while trying to 'convert' some sites from classic to modern. I wanted them to have a page with the homepage layout that doesn't have any banner. First, go to the Site Pages library and download any of the modern pages. Next, open SP Designer, open Site Pages, then create a new ASPX and edit it in Advanced Mode. Open up the page you downloaded into a text editor, such as Notepad, and copy everything. Back in Designer, replace the default ASPX code with your modern page code you just copied. Look for "<mso:PageLayoutType" and change it from "Article" to "Home".

You may see BannerImageURL. It doesn't appear to change anything at this time, so don't bother with it. Save your page and then open it in a browser and you should have a new 'home' page.

Ref: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/SharePoint/Header-area-for-Modern-Pages/td-p/30597

Please click the "Mark as Answer" button if this post solves your problem or "Vote As helpful if it was helpful! :)
    Explore the SharePoint

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 9:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Mangaiah Chowdary,

Please provide the screenshot for your page to identify the space you want to hide. Since you cannot upload images in the thread, you can share images with OneDrive or other tools.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 12:11 PM
  • Below is the link to the screenshot of the space I am talking about

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-H5jRtuc__mZHYwOGVaMVQ4Vzg/view?usp=sharing

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 5:49 PM
  • Hi Mangaiah,

with the refrence of shared image by you, i think you are using free image in there... 

1. you can reduce the height of the image OR 

2. You can use script editor WebPart, and using few line of script of HTML and CSS will solve your problem...!!

Hope this help..!

Regards,

Avinash kumar | Blog:http://avigr8.wordpress.com | If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 9:41 PM
  • Hi Mangaiah Chowdary,

According to your screenshot, you are using the “modern” experience.

In SharePoint Online, we can customize the “modern” pages. Click Edit at the top right of the page to open the page in edit mode. Then, as Avinash mentioned, insert code using the web part to reduce space.

Information about customizing the “modern” experience in SharePoint Online:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/pnp_articles/modern-experience-customizations

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 13, 2017 5:56 AM
  • Pardon my ignorance. I am not able to follow what you guys are saying. I can't see the options you wanted me to edit.

My need is to edit the red highlighted portion below

I am in my Team site page and when I click on the edit option on the top right

I get to edit the below portion after the '+' sign from where I can add various types of content. But I am not able to edit the upper part which is where I am loosing lot of page space. Also, there is no ribbon on the top coming up with options to edit the page as I see usually in other pages.

Friday, July 14, 2017 2:48 PM
  • Anyone?
    Tuesday, July 18, 2017 3:47 PM
  • Hi Mangaiah,

Here is your answer from MS TechNet Community

I'll post my own workaround, too. I discovered this one while trying to 'convert' some sites from classic to modern. I wanted them to have a page with the homepage layout that doesn't have any banner. First, go to the Site Pages library and download any of the modern pages. Next, open SP Designer, open Site Pages, then create a new ASPX and edit it in Advanced Mode. Open up the page you downloaded into a text editor, such as Notepad, and copy everything. Back in Designer, replace the default ASPX code with your modern page code you just copied. Look for "<mso:PageLayoutType" and change it from "Article" to "Home".

You may see BannerImageURL. It doesn't appear to change anything at this time, so don't bother with it. Save your page and then open it in a browser and you should have a new 'home' page.

Ref: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/SharePoint/Header-area-for-Modern-Pages/td-p/30597

Please click the "Mark as Answer" button if this post solves your problem or "Vote As helpful if it was helpful! :)
    Explore the SharePoint

Tuesday, July 18, 2017 9:42 PM
  • Thank you very much
    Tuesday, July 18, 2017 9:59 PM
  • Hi Mangaiah Chowdary,

You can use F12 developer tools to check the element. Then, add the script/css to the page through the Embed web part.

The way to add web part to the page in SharePoint Online:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Using-web-parts-on-SharePoint-Online-pages-336e8e92-3e2d-4298-ae01-d404bbe751e0?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 1:30 AM