none
Lync 2010 Integration with Exchange 2010 SP2 of a child domain RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

Sorry about the title but let me give the scenario.

We have a forest with two child domains. Child A and Child B. Each child domain have there own independent lync and exchange setup. Child A has Exchange 2010 SP2 and Lync 2010 with CWA (Child A Lync and Exchange are not integrated in OWA). Child B has Exchange 2010 SP2 and Lync 2010. Child B wants to integrate its Lync 2010 with its Exchange OWA. If I integrate Lync Child A and Exchange A in OWA for Child A, will it have any effect on either Lync B and Exchange B of Child B? I understand that to integrated Lync and Exchange I need to install updates. If I install updates on Lync and Exchange in Child A, do I need to install the updates on Lync and Exchange of Child B? Thanks everyone.

Regarsds,

Eman

All the best, Eman Lacuata

Thursday, November 15, 2012 3:59 PM

All replies

• The Lync integration with Exchange OWA is based on the Client Access Servers so in theory you can modify one "set" of Exchange and Lync servers without affecting the other assuming that your Exchange CAS roles are separated between A and B.

However, I think it is important to point out that if you have a single Forest then you only have separate Lync and Exchange servers they are not really independent of each other even if you use them that way.

Friday, November 16, 2012 1:10 PM