none
document library view in Office's Open file dialog - custom dialogs for outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am trying to create some custom file dialogs for outlook, such that I can easily attach files from sharepoint and save email messages to sharepoint using a file dialog like interface launched from a custom outlook ribbon.

(I know that there are other ways of getting sharepoint/outlook/exchange to talk.. but the dialog route is the one that we need/want)

Creating the ribbon addin functionality is all fine.

However it seems that unlike word, excel and powerpoint, outlook doesn't have a nice set of built in dialog boxes that are easily accessible (unless i haven't found it?).

I have tried using the standard winforms dialog - but I can't set the initial directory as a sharpoint document library in this case (and this is a mandatory requirement).

So we have started building our own simple dialog using a browser pane and the sharepoint dialog functionality

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms414166.aspx

However for some reason at the moment, this dialog doesn't allow us to navigate folders (the click events don't work).

Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks

Jason

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 12:06 AM

Answers

• This msdn article

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms947923.aspx

gave me some insight.

You might be able to edit the FileDialg.htm so this navigates automatically - but by drilling a bit deeper into the webbrowser object, I was able to hook into the click events of the loaded document.

Using something like:

private void folderBrowser_DocumentCompleted(object sender, WebBrowserDocumentCompletedEventArgs e)

{

if (folderBrowser.Document != null)

{

HtmlElement fileDialogViewTable = folderBrowser.Document.GetElementById("FileDialogViewTable");

// add a double click event to each row of the file dialog table

foreach (HtmlElement fileRow in fileDialogViewTable.GetElementsByTagName("TR"))

{

fileRow.DoubleClick += new HtmlElementEventHandler(fileRow_DoubleClick);

}

}

}

void fileRow_DoubleClick(object sender, HtmlElementEventArgs e)

{

HtmlElement element = (HtmlElement)sender;

MessageBox.Show("The new url is:" + element.Id);

}

I added double click events to the files & folders allowing me to retrieve target urls. Using these I could then use the Navigate method on the folderBrowser (webbrowser control).

There maybe a nicer solution to this problem - but this one is working for me.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:24 AM

All replies

• This msdn article

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms947923.aspx

gave me some insight.

You might be able to edit the FileDialg.htm so this navigates automatically - but by drilling a bit deeper into the webbrowser object, I was able to hook into the click events of the loaded document.

Using something like:

private void folderBrowser_DocumentCompleted(object sender, WebBrowserDocumentCompletedEventArgs e)

{

if (folderBrowser.Document != null)

{

HtmlElement fileDialogViewTable = folderBrowser.Document.GetElementById("FileDialogViewTable");

// add a double click event to each row of the file dialog table

foreach (HtmlElement fileRow in fileDialogViewTable.GetElementsByTagName("TR"))

{

fileRow.DoubleClick += new HtmlElementEventHandler(fileRow_DoubleClick);

}

}

}

void fileRow_DoubleClick(object sender, HtmlElementEventArgs e)

{

HtmlElement element = (HtmlElement)sender;

MessageBox.Show("The new url is:" + element.Id);

}

I added double click events to the files & folders allowing me to retrieve target urls. Using these I could then use the Navigate method on the folderBrowser (webbrowser control).

There maybe a nicer solution to this problem - but this one is working for me.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 2:24 AM
  • Hi Jason,

i have a similer requirements. Im working on outlook add in so that user can move thier file to sharepoint site it should replaced with their links to that document moved.

I am able to move. i want to show sharepoint documents in folderbrowerdialog box.. How did u achieve this?

http://www.zimmergren.net/archive/tags/Client%20Object%20Model/default.aspx

i also checked this site.. but my requirement is to show Wep Page dialog so that user can save it wichver document library folder they want?

how can i achive that dialog box?

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 11:18 AM