Sharepoint Content Editor Web Part - posting error: access denied when using rich text editor RRS feed

• Question

• I have a few users that are part of a sharepoint group that have full access.  They try and edit any content editor web part on the page by modifying the web part, selecting rich text editor and recieve a access denied message.  I have deleted the group and re-added it.  I added another test user into the group and get the same error.  I don't have a problem using the rich text editor but I am a site collection admin.  I have asked these users if they had the problem on any other site that they manage and the answer is no.  

Why might a set of users that have full control get this message?  They can edit the source code without error but not the rich text editor. 
    Monday, February 23, 2009 11:40 PM

Answers

•  

Hi

Do you use WSS 3.0 or MOSS 2007? If you are using MOSS 2007, the problem may be caused by your root site using a non-publishing template or not having the publishing features turned on. Please try to activate the “Office SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure” feature at both the top level site collection and individual sub site.

Let me know if you have any problem, thanks.

Lu Zou

• Marked as answer by Lu Zou-MSFT Thursday, February 26, 2009 9:36 AM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:29 AM

All replies

•  

Hi

Do you use WSS 3.0 or MOSS 2007? If you are using MOSS 2007, the problem may be caused by your root site using a non-publishing template or not having the publishing features turned on. Please try to activate the “Office SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure” feature at both the top level site collection and individual sub site.

Let me know if you have any problem, thanks.

Lu Zou

• Marked as answer by Lu Zou-MSFT Thursday, February 26, 2009 9:36 AM
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:29 AM
  • I am running MOSS 2007 but the publishing feature was active.  I deactivated it, reactivated it and sure enough fixed the problem.  Thanks.
    Wednesday, February 25, 2009 7:39 PM
  • Hi Lu, I am having the same problem with the Rich text editor. When I navigate to "Site Features," I do not see "Office SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure." How do I get this feature to appear as an option and are there any other solutions to fixing the access denied error with the rich text editor?
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 5:57 PM