none
Exchange 2013 CAS server maintanance mode before the start the OS security patches every month RRS feed

• Question

• Hi MVP,

I have push the July'19 Month Microsoft OS patches using with SCCM 2012 on Exchange 2013 CAS server. Need to reboot the CAS Exchange 2013. Without users impact, i have to reboot the Exchange 2013 server. Please let me know the procedure.

Infrastructure for Messaging servers:

1- Exchange 2013 CAS server

3-Mailbox Servers Exchange 2013.

Thanks,

Sami

Thanks-Sami

Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Sami,

You need to reboot the CAS server first. As there is only one CAS server, when reboot the CAS server, users can not connect to exchange via the CAS server anymore. So, in order to reduce the impact, it's recommended to reboot the CAS server during non-working hours.

Then, reboot mailbox servers, you can refer to the following blog to reboot the server under maintenance mode:

Exchange 2013 Maintenance mode

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Friday, July 19, 2019 5:48 AM
  • Hi Sami,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com

Monday, July 29, 2019 9:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Sami,

You need to reboot the CAS server first. As there is only one CAS server, when reboot the CAS server, users can not connect to exchange via the CAS server anymore. So, in order to reduce the impact, it's recommended to reboot the CAS server during non-working hours.

Then, reboot mailbox servers, you can refer to the following blog to reboot the server under maintenance mode:

Exchange 2013 Maintenance mode

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Friday, July 19, 2019 5:48 AM
  • Hi Sami,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Niko Cheng

Monday, July 29, 2019 9:50 AM