none
How do you delete a result source? RRS feed

• Question

• I created a result source. Now I want to either modify or delete it. The same location I created the result source from (Search Site) now has it greyed out. I can't edit it.

I get a pink banner.

You don't appear to have permission to view the account credentials for this result source. You need permissions at the level at which the result source was created. For example, only an account with administrator permissions for a Search Service application can view the account credentials for a result source created at that level.

Help

David Jenkins

Monday, September 12, 2016 9:13 PM

Answers

• Never Mind.  I got confused by the two links in the Collection.  One for the site and one for the collection.

David Jenkins

Monday, September 12, 2016 9:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please make sure that you are the Farm Admin group and administrator of the Search Service Application.

Try to use the account which Search service application use to run.

Check where the result source is get created, if it is created at site collection level and you don’t have access on that site collection you won’t be able to delete this.

Did you try to delete using power shell script, user the below reference to delete the search result source.

http://www.sharepointpals.com/post/Create-and-Delete-Result-Source-in-SharePoint-2013-using-PowerShell

KRISHANA KUMAR

SharePoint Architect

Mosstechnet-kk.com

Please click "Mark As Answer" if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful

Monday, September 12, 2016 9:22 PM
  • Never Mind.  I got confused by the two links in the Collection.  One for the site and one for the collection.

David Jenkins

Monday, September 12, 2016 9:50 PM