none
SSRS reports (.rdl) do not appear in SharePoint Search Results RRS feed

• Question

• I have successfully provisioned the SSRS Service App and created a Reports Library. I have a 4 server setup: 2 WFE with the Reporting Add-in feature installed and 2 App servers with the Reporting Services - SharePoint feature installed as perscribed by MSDN. Features were installed from the SQL 2012 media as well my backend is SQL 2012. I am running the June 2012 CU on my SharePoint boxes. And finally I am using NTLM authentication with plans to go to Kerberos soon.

Reports are functioning correctly and all appears well; however, no reports appear in Search results. I've tried the site collection search as well as from my Enterprise Search site. I've tried just about every option I know of to search for a given report and still nothing appears. What am I missing?

Friday, September 7, 2012 2:23 PM

Answers

• Hi,

By default .rdl files are not indexed. Can you check if .rdl is added as an allowed extension (thru the Search Service application)

Please "Mark as Answer" if a post has answered your question or "Vote as Helpful" if it was helpful in some way. Here's why

Friday, September 7, 2012 3:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

By default .rdl files are not indexed. Can you check if .rdl is added as an allowed extension (thru the Search Service application)

Please "Mark as Answer" if a post has answered your question or "Vote as Helpful" if it was helpful in some way. Here's why

Friday, September 7, 2012 3:02 PM
  • I had to do that, but I also had to publish the reports for them to appear in the Search results. Found this result to be helpful: bit.ly/UHtxuN

It appears that Report Libraries out of the box require you to publish reports before they'll be available to everyone (including the Search service). Thanks for the help Nauzad.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 4:17 PM
  • Thanks for the tip, obvius after someone says it ;-)

You can also disable versioning on tbe library if it isn't needed.

Friday, January 24, 2014 12:59 AM