none
Creating DFS Namespace via GUI RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I would like to request again for your assistance on the issue im encountering. We are trying to create a new namespace and when we are trying to click browse on the namespace server wizard, we are encountering  error "Value does not fall within the expected range"

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 5:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,
    I am just writing to see if this question has any update. If anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know.
    Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Hi All,

Thanks for the support. Was able to resolve the issue by updating my windows server 2016.

• Marked as answer by danpaolo Wednesday, October 23, 2019 2:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2019 1:59 AM

All replies

• Hello,
    Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

We can refer to method in the article with video to create DFS Namespace via GUI.

Setting Up DFS In Your Environment
    https://www.pdq.com/blog/setting-up-dfs-in-your-environment/

Hope the information is helpful to you, and if anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know.

Tip: This answer contains the content of a third-party website. Microsoft makes no representations about the content of these websites. We provide this content only for your convenience.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 2:21 AM
  • Hi,

There's an issue with some related patches for both Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016, you'll find more information here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4049095/value-does-not-fall-within-the-expected-range-error-when-you-change

When creating the DFS Namespace, using the workarounds provided in the article:

1. Try typing the FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name) of the server instead of browsing for the server.

2. Use PowerShell.

Example:

Create a Windows Server 2008 mode domain DFS namespace

New-DfsnRoot -TargetPath "\\Contoso-FS\DFS" -Type DomainV2 -Path "\\Contoso\DFS"

3. Uninstall the .NET Framework 4.7.

Best regards,
    Leon

Blog: https://thesystemcenterblog.com LinkedIn:

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 5:19 AM
  • Hi,
    Can we try the method in the above reply? If this question has any update or is this issue solved? Also, for the question, is there any other assistance we could provide?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Friday, October 18, 2019 8:45 AM
  • Hi,
    I am just writing to see if this question has any update. If anything is unclear, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Monday, October 21, 2019 6:39 AM
  • Hi,

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Hi All,

Thanks for the support. Was able to resolve the issue by updating my windows server 2016.

• Marked as answer by danpaolo Wednesday, October 23, 2019 2:00 AM
    Wednesday, October 23, 2019 1:59 AM