none
Unable to read Server Queue performance data from the Server service.

Question

• Every couple of minutes I am getting the following error in the Application Event log:

Log Name:      Application
    Source:        Microsoft-Windows-PerfNet
    Date:          31/01/2015 18:13:09
    Event ID:      2006
    Task Category: None
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          N/A
    Computer:      RC-VWRK-HOST2.riddlesdown.local
    Description: Unable to read Server Queue performance data from the Server service. The first four bytes (DWORD) of the Data section contains the status code, the second four bytes contains the IOSB.Status and the next four bytes contains the IOSB.Information.

I know this is because I have more than 32 processors and I found this KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2279566/ which has workarounds, but I am trying to track down what is making the WMI calls so I can talk to whoever about the problem.

Does anybody know how I can do that?

Saturday, January 31, 2015 6:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Adamf83,

Please check if you have installed 3-party software on your server recently, This looks to be a limitation with 32 bit software in general, I recommend you can contact the developers to look into possibly adding support for greater than 32 processes.

Please also note if the server has  more than 64 logical processors, you will need to apply this hotfix:

You cannot query the Server Work Queues performance counter by using WMI in Windows Server 2008 R2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

To find out which application caused this issue, please follow these steps:

1. Please export the running applications list with the command below when this event log is generating:
    tasklist.exe>>d:\process.txt

2. If you have other normal windows Server available or this event log can stop on the windows server, please export the applications at that time and compare the applications list.

3. Did this event log generate at startup? If this issue occur at startup, please also try a clean boot, you can manually disable some non-microsoft services and startup programs, then please check if this event log persists.
    After you finish the troubleshooting, you can follow the "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" part in the article to start the computer normally.
    To perform a cleanboot, please refer to this article:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Best Regards,

Anna Wang

TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 2:40 AM
  • Hi Adamf83,

I’m writing to just check in to see if the suggestions were helpful. If you need further help, please feel free to reply this post directly so we will be notified to follow it up.

Best Regards,

Anna Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, February 09, 2015 6:24 AM
  • Hi Adamf83,

I edited my reply, if there is any update on this issue, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Anna Wang

Monday, March 02, 2015 5:33 AM