none
failed to install either 32bit or 64bit for Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable

Question

• i install both 32 bit or 64 bit, the same error pop up to ask for removing 32bit office/ 64bit office

Saturday, November 11, 2017 7:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you provide a screenshot of the error message you get so that we can further look into the error?

Which version of Microsoft Office are you using currently? 32-bit or 64-bit version? Please make sure that you are not trying to install a mixed bitness of Office applications.

Do you have any previous versions of the Access Database Engine installed on your computer? If so, you will need to first remove the previous install and then see whether this issue continues.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 9:41 AM
  • I'm having the exact same problem.  I'm using Office 365.

This is what I get when running the 64-bit installer.

This is what I get when running the 32-bit installer.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 3:16 PM
  • Hi, I am getting exactly the same issue, what is the solution to it. I tried to go an delete the extensibility component in Installer but still I get the same error
    Wednesday, January 24, 2018 6:29 AM
  • I have office 365 32 bit and SQL 2017 installed on my computer which runs on Windows 10.

I'm having the same problem.  Tried to install 2010 as suggested in the post which didn't work.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_other-mso_win10-mso_2016/microsoft-access-database-engine-2016-will-not/94b9f2ce-d063-40ae-ad77-5bff72ba44f1

Just trying to import a simple excel file and trying to avoid uninstalling office in order to install .

Here is the complete error message:

Unexpected error from external database driver (1). (Microsoft JET Database Engine)

------------------------------
    Program Location:

at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionInternal..ctor(OleDbConnectionString constr, OleDbConnection connection)
       at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreateNonPooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPoolGroup poolGroup, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.TryOpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
       at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
       at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection.Open()
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.DtsWizard.DTSWizard.GetOpenedConnection(WizardInputs wizardInputs, String connEntryName)
       at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.DtsWizard.Step1.OnLeavePage(LeavePageEventArgs e)

• Proposed as answer by Lencha Erena Tuesday, March 20, 2018 9:28 PM
    Wednesday, January 31, 2018 1:04 AM
  • I ran across the same issue.  Try this:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_install-mso_win10/office-16-click-to-run-extensibility-component-64/e79ee5bd-f119-4808-9bb2-289dd815b76a

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 7:20 PM
  • If you have 32bit Office, you need to remover the 64 bit Click to Run.

To uninstall Office 16 Click-to-Run Extensibility Component 64-bit Registration, please try the steps below:
    1. Press Win + R to open the Run window, type “installer” and click Enter to open the folder in File Explorer.
    2. Add the column “Subject”. Right click the column headers, then click More and select Subject
    3. Sort on the Subject column and scroll down until you locate the name “Office 16 Click-to-Run Extensibility Component 64-bit Registration”.
    4. Right click the MSI file and choose uninstall.

• Edited by Ray the DJ Sunday, September 23, 2018 1:20 AM
    Sunday, September 23, 2018 1:18 AM