none
Change List items IDs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm migrating a MOSS2007 list to SP2010 SP2 by using a Third party SharePoint Migration tool. List and list items are migrated, but I need to have the same list items IDs in the Target list as they were on Source List as other systems refer to the list and the appropriate IDs.

The ID Column is read-only by design.
    Can this be changed, so that I'm able to copy once again the list but now with copying over the ID column values?

Thx fro any comment

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 1:47 PM

Answers

• With the tools I have used so far, it copies the ID's as is. 

If this is not the case for you, check with you third party tool support guys.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 1:52 PM
  • Interesting, what tool are you using? I used DELL migration suite for SharePoint. Even a call with the support didn't resolve the issue.
    Wednesday, January 6, 2016 2:14 PM
  • Hi

use powershell script to parse source list and copy items one by one in destination list

( if some ID's are missing in source list , configure the script to add an entry but also delete that item )

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 2:43 PM

All replies

• With the tools I have used so far, it copies the ID's as is. 

If this is not the case for you, check with you third party tool support guys.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 1:52 PM
  • Interesting, what tool are you using? I used DELL migration suite for SharePoint. Even a call with the support didn't resolve the issue.
    Wednesday, January 6, 2016 2:14 PM
  • Hi

use powershell script to parse source list and copy items one by one in destination list

( if some ID's are missing in source list , configure the script to add an entry but also delete that item )

Romeo Donca, Orange Romania (MCSE, MCITP, CCNA) Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if the post has been helpful for you.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 2:43 PM