none
Office 2013 Pro Plus will not install on Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to install MS Office 2013 (it's a volume license edition).

Getting the following error straight away (no chance to choose components or input license key ...) :

"Setup is unable to proceed due to the following errors: This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5. Correct the issue listed above and rerun setup."

Thing is I tried installing .Net Framework 4.5, but it says I already have it or a more recent version, which is true because in the "Turn Win Features on/off" dialog box, I see .NET framework 4.6 (so a higher version than what is requested in the error msg) AND 3.5. Both are turned on.

Tried a variety of things including .net cleanup tools. I don't even understand what .net is and why it's needed to install Office. Tried enabling / disabling .net and running the install but to no avail.

Monday, January 4, 2016 12:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Just as the message suggested, you can try removing .NET Framework 4.6 and installing .NET Framework 4.5 then install again.

By the way, do you have any previous version of Office installed on the machine? Make sure they are all uninstalled.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, January 5, 2016 5:11 AM
  • Hi,

I have the same problem.

Could you please explain how can we remove .NET 4.6 and install .NET 4.5 on windows 10?

Thanks,

Sunday, January 10, 2016 6:17 PM
  • Hi,

Do you have Visual Studio 2015 installed? .NET Framework 4.6 is included in it.

Please also check my suggestion to John above, and perform a clean boot to try install again.

By the way, I suggest you open a new thread if you meet any issues when using the product.

Regards,

Melon Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 6:46 AM
  • Hi, i have the same problem, what can i do?, thanks.
    Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:23 PM