none
Attachment not downloading in Outlook Express RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have ms-outlook as well as outlook express users.

from that one Tom(outlook Express user) is not getting attachment from only Raj (Ms-Outlook user). He received all mails from Raj but not received any attachment, but there is magic is Tom only received one attachment(Daily MIS. xls) from Raj.

I tried to many things but yet not getting any solution on this.

Can you please help us in this.

We have McAfee Anti Virus installed on that PC, ( but we tried before installing also). Second thing the mail server is hosted with third party. from their don't have any problem because mail is downloading in their portal with attachment. but when we download in Outlook Express the attachment is not downloading.
    Friday, January 4, 2013 9:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Make sure that Outlook Express is supported to be used with the third party mail server.

Check the option mentioned here:

Please Note: Since the following web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6981388_outlook-express-not-receiving-attachments.html

Test the Tom's account on another computer. If it still doesn't work, the issue might be more related to the server.

Create a new e-mail account for him and then try again.

Best regards,

Rex Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 7, 2013 5:27 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Make sure that Outlook Express is supported to be used with the third party mail server.

Check the option mentioned here:

Please Note: Since the following web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6981388_outlook-express-not-receiving-attachments.html

Test the Tom's account on another computer. If it still doesn't work, the issue might be more related to the server.

Create a new e-mail account for him and then try again.

Best regards,

Rex Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 7, 2013 5:27 AM
  • I am having the same problem.  I am using Outlook 2003 and others within my company have Outlook Express 2003.  I have attached an excel spreadsheet to an email and sent it to several people within the company and outside - the ones outside receive the attachment, but the ones inside do not.  I have unchecked the box labeled "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" and resent the email, but this does not fix the problem.  Any other suggestions.  Thanks.
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 6:52 PM