none
Adding Dependencies and Connections between rows/lists RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to add dependencies between rows. My example is a health status for different features for a product portfolio. IF the health of a feature is "Down" then a row in a separate list on the same page would also reflect "Down". This is because the features are shared by many products. IF the feature is down, than it will be shown as down in the lists of a products features for a few different products.
    Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:51 PM

All replies

• Hi TJCriswell,

According to your description, if the product feature changes, all relevant products that are using the features will be changed Simultaneously.

First you could create a Feature list contains all features and their status with the type of single line of text.

And then create a Product list with Product column(single line of text) and Feature column which is lookup column that get information from feature column on in Feature list, and add additional column for relevant status column.

Here is the rendering per my test(I test it in SharePoint 2013,also applies to SharePoint 2010):

If you change the status of the feature, it will auto-changed in Product list.

Please feel free to reply if I misunderstood your demand.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, September 6, 2019 8:02 AM
  • Hi TJCriswell,

I’m checking how the things are going on about this thread. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 9:38 AM