none
Can we add a banner on SharePoint hub site and inherit the banner to sub sites (associated sites with the hub site) underneath? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I want to know if there is a way to a add a banner on a SharePoint Hub site and inherit the banner to sub sites underneath.

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by Titi F Friday, November 15, 2019 6:36 PM
    Friday, November 15, 2019 6:33 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Titi F,

If we want to add a banner on SharePoint hub site and inherit the banner to associated sites, we need to brand hub sites.

Check the article below about how to brand SharePoint Online site in classic experience and modern experience.

Branding your SharePoint Online site

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, November 18, 2019 7:23 AM
  • Hi Grace,

Thanks for the Reply.

I read the article but it doesn't mention how to add a banner and inherit the same banner to sub-sites underneath. 

Thanks. 

• Edited by Titi F Tuesday, November 19, 2019 4:21 PM
    Tuesday, November 19, 2019 4:20 PM
  • You need to add the banner to each site. Hub sites do not push that down.

Trevor Seward

Office Apps and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2019

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Titi F Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:17 PM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:54 AM
  • Trevor,

Thanks for confirming that for me.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:18 PM
  • Hi Titi F,

Thanks for marking Trevor’s reply as answer. I’m pleased to know that the information is helpful to you.

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

[Can we add a banner on SharePoint hub site and inherit the banner to sub sites (associated sites with the hub site) underneath]

Environment

====================

SharePoint Online

Question

====================

Titi F wants to know if there is a way to a add a banner on a SharePoint Hub site and inherit the banner to sub sites underneath.

Solution

====================

Based on the reply from Trevor, we need to add the banner to each site. Hub sites do not push that down.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 2:43 AM