none
Suitable Event to replace the email body RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am writing the code in the below event to mask email address

This is working fine when the email is being triggred to external users.

Please let me know the suitable event for the changes to be applied for the internal users.

private void AgentClass_OnRoutedMessage(RoutedMessageEventSource source, QueuedMessageEventArgs e)
            {
                //throw new NotImplementedException();
                MaskEmailAddresses(e.MailItem.Message);
            }

Regards,

Sudheer

Thanks & Regards, Sudheer

Friday, October 19, 2018 7:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Sudheer Madduru,

According to my research, unfortunately, I didn’t find a method to hide reply email address for the internal users.

Since internal addresses simply do not show as (in general) they are not needed as addressing the email by name would suffice since Exchange resolves them.

Please refer to this link:

Alina

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Monday, October 22, 2018 9:10 AM
  • OnSubmittedMessage should always fire for any message because it happens at the time a user sends a message and before categorization/expansion (while OnRouted message happens post cat) . If your sending messages between two internal users you will generally have TNEF stream which you may or may not have to deal with depending on what the rest of your code does I'd suggest having a read of https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mstehle/2009/01/13/howto-sample-transport-agent-add-headers-categories-mapi-props-even-uses-a-fork/

Cheers
    Glen

Monday, October 22, 2018 11:09 PM
  • Thanks for your asking. Did you resolve your issue ? If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer and close the post. Thank you for understanding. If you have any question, or update, please feel free to let us know. I wish you a happy life!

Regards,

Alina

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Monday, October 29, 2018 6:23 AM