none
Search the comments text field in a document library RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

I have a document library and in that i have a comments column which is a text filed.Now i want to aprovide a search text box to search the comments by entering in that textbox.I have created a result source and configured the serach results webpart but it gives all the documents with comments.I want to search the specific key word comment  in the entire comment column.Please let me know how to configure and what query i need to mention.Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Praveen

Thursday, June 21, 2018 12:51 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Praveen,

Please provide the screenshots of the query of your search results web part and the new result source. How did you create the result source? Limit the results from a particular library?

Why you don't directly enter the key word comment in the search box to search them?

This article is about working with Result Sources to limit search results in SP 2013, Which may be helpful to you:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/25783.sharepoint-2013-working-with-result-sources-to-limit-search-results.aspx

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 22, 2018 7:19 AM
  • Dear allen bai,

Thanku very much for the reply.Now my search is working fine based on the comments entered in the search box but the problem is when my document is having more content then content is displaying below the document name in search results so my comments is not showing.If my document is having less content then the comments is showing fine.Please help me how to limit the content and I want to show the comments as well.Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Praveen

Friday, June 22, 2018 8:28 AM
  • Hi Praveen,

For you requirement, you can create a custom display templates to display what you want to display in SharePoint search result. Check below article for more information about the detailed steps:

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/steps-to-create-custom-display-templates-in-sharepoint-2013/

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by Praveenrangu Tuesday, June 26, 2018 5:08 AM
    Monday, June 25, 2018 11:01 AM