none
Quick Assist with organization 365 account doesn't let "Give assistance" RRS feed

• Question

• I am having trouble giving assistance using Quick Assist when using my organization 365 login.  When I use my personal Microsoft login I am able to generate a code no problem but after I login to my organizations account it drops me back at the "Get assistance" without the option to "Give assistance".  Anyone else having this problem?
    Wednesday, November 6, 2019 5:40 PM

All replies

• I had this same problem. The reason is that your work account most likely is just a domain user account. You will need an account that is either Domain Admin or Local Admin to get that feature. I am sure there may be other account permissions that will work but I am the only IT person where I am at so I have to sign in as an Admin which is my domain account instead of my domain user account.

Give that a shot and see if that works for you.

• Proposed as answer by Blacksuit1 Monday, November 11, 2019 10:59 PM
    Wednesday, November 6, 2019 8:21 PM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, I will move this thread to Windows 10 General forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=win10itprogeneral

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Thursday, November 7, 2019 9:16 AM
  • Hi, 

Is it available to use Give assistance option before?

Does the issue occur on other organization account?

Try to check if the issue occur on other computer with your organization account.

Please check the existing system build by running "winver".

I tested on my side with domain joined account, it is available to use give assistance option, so I did not think the domain account will affect this function. But I suspect if any policy configured on your side or in your environment to disable this function. Please run command line "gpresult /h c:\gp.html" as administrator to generate a report about applied policies, then check if any related policy configured on your side. 

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 8, 2019 8:52 AM
  • Hi,

Any update?

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 8:23 AM