none
SharePoint 2013 Version History on Display.aspx RRS feed

• Question

• I have enabled the Item Version History on a custom list in SharePoint 2013 with "Yes" to create a version each time you edit an item in this list.

There is a particular column with notes about the list item that needs to be visible on the view/display form Display.aspx

However right now that field/column shows nothing when you view the form

How can I view the version history of this column/field on my Display.aspx form?

I have SharePoint Designer at my disposal for editing forms if that helps.

--I apologize, I did not post this in the appropriate section... this is not Legacy version

• Edited by heth718 Wednesday, December 23, 2015 2:07 PM added note
    • Moved by Hemendra Agrawal Thursday, December 31, 2015 5:17 AM SP 2013
    Wednesday, December 23, 2015 1:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to store and display all the users Notes who edits the list and put some "Notes".

Use the below link to create "Previous Notes" column which will have the history of all users Notes.

http://mmman.itgroove.net/2014/02/24/how-to-create-a-running-comment-in-infopath/

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 6:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to store and display all the users Notes who edits the list and put some "Notes".

Use the below link to create "Previous Notes" column which will have the history of all users Notes.

http://mmman.itgroove.net/2014/02/24/how-to-create-a-running-comment-in-infopath/

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 6:45 PM
  • Call me crazy, but that seems like an awful lot of work when you can just have 1 field that users can update in edit. The most critical piece of capturing history is the name and date of the history.

Cant we somehow get the version history in sharepoint included into the item to be able to view in a list with the names and dates for each field? Including and especially drop down boxes and combo boxes.

Thursday, October 27, 2016 2:30 PM