none
Display time only in the date field column. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

What I am trying to do is create a custom list app with several columns. The columns that have a date field, i would like to have it only display the time. This app is a staff attendance that the receptionist uses during the day. Basically what time they come in the morning and then what time they leave for lunch and back in, then when they leave. All these columns are date fields but only the time needs to be displayed.

Thanks in advance

• Edited by rha_mtl Friday, October 31, 2014 7:58 PM
    Friday, October 31, 2014 7:58 PM

Answers

• The only way I know how to do this is to create a secondary, calculated column for each date/time column and have it reformat, only diplaying the time, like this:

=TEXT([Lunch In],"hh:mm AM/PM")

Monday, November 3, 2014 9:28 PM
  • Ok, This is what I did.

I created a column for Time In called Enter Time In, then I created a Column called Time Out, then created a column called Enter Time Out. The time out columns have the calculated column value of each one it refers to. example: Enter Time in is =TEXT([Enter Time In],"hh:mm AM/PM"), I did the same for Enter Time Out.

This will be the view for the reception. The I created another view and called it Current time to display only the time displayed for both Time In and Time Out. I will add the other columns now.

Now I have to figure out how to send a report of this every week to HR. That will be another question I'm sure.

Thanks for the help.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 2:40 PM

All replies

• Can you brief your list specifications (i.e. list type, columns etc)?

Thanks

Saturday, November 1, 2014 6:38 AM
  • Go to the list settings-> Inside columns -> Select the date column

it would take you to the settings of that column -> Select Date only -> OK

Thank You, Pallav S. Srivastav ----- If this helped you resolve your issue, please mark it Answered.

Saturday, November 1, 2014 6:55 AM
  • Sure here you go

Employee Name = Active Directory Lookup (People and Groups) Limit to people only

Current Date = Date and Time field defaulting to current date

Time In = Date and time field limit to time only

Break 1 Out = Date and time field limit to time only

Break 1 In =Date and time field limit to time only

Lunch Out = Date and time field limit to time only

Lunch In = Date and time field limit to time only

Break 2 Out = Date and time field limit to time only

Break 2 In = Date and time field limit to time only

Time Out = Date and time field limit to time only

Monday, November 3, 2014 2:12 PM
  • I would like to display only the time not the date. This only shows me the date.
    Monday, November 3, 2014 2:14 PM
  • The only way I know how to do this is to create a secondary, calculated column for each date/time column and have it reformat, only diplaying the time, like this:

=TEXT([Lunch In],"hh:mm AM/PM")

Monday, November 3, 2014 9:28 PM
  • Ok, This is what I did.

I created a column for Time In called Enter Time In, then I created a Column called Time Out, then created a column called Enter Time Out. The time out columns have the calculated column value of each one it refers to. example: Enter Time in is =TEXT([Enter Time In],"hh:mm AM/PM"), I did the same for Enter Time Out.

This will be the view for the reception. The I created another view and called it Current time to display only the time displayed for both Time In and Time Out. I will add the other columns now.

Now I have to figure out how to send a report of this every week to HR. That will be another question I'm sure.

Thanks for the help.

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 2:40 PM
  • Hi rha,

For another question, I suggest you create a new thread. Please make one question and one thread, which will be beneficial to others in this forum who meet the same issue in the future.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wendy Li
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 6, 2014 9:49 AM