none
Excel file Not Responding issue RRS feed

• Question

• I am using MS excel (office 365 Home) for my work. I am open multiple (20-25 files) excel files and work on it one by one. I am not close these files & I hibernate my laptop (surface book-2) my laptop configuration i7 /16GB Ram/512 SSD., not understand the issue. kindly help to resolve my issue.  

Monday, November 11, 2019 9:11 AM

All replies

• Hi Abhijeet,

First of all, I'd recommend you to check and install the latest versions of hardware drivers, especially for graphics/video (VGA) and network adapters (NIC).

If the problem persists even after that, you can check out the article linked below for other solutions and workarounds:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/excel-not-responding-hangs-freezes-or-stops-working-37e7d3c9-9e84-40bf-a805-4ca6853a1ff4

Regards,
    Burak V.

Monday, November 11, 2019 10:19 AM
  • Hi,

Did you mean when opened several Excel Workbook at the same time, Excel crashed?

Did this problem appear in all Excel files?

I suggest you refer to the replay of Burak V. and try the methods in the support article.

Please be a bit more precise to explain your problem so that I can get more accurate solutions to this problem. I’m glad to help and follow up your reply.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 9:42 AM
  • Hi,

In advance, sorry this is not an answer to your question, but my question about your working style.

I'm wondering why you don't close the Excel file after you finish working on it.
    Don't you work on it one by one?
    Are there any requirements that so many Excel files open at one time? 

Regards,

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com

• Edited by Ashidacchi Wednesday, November 13, 2019 12:51 AM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 12:45 AM