none
forwarding an email from a mailbox to a server/IP adddress of server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I am in a bizarre situation where I have to forward/redirect emails from a mailbox to an IP address of a server. I don't even know whether it is possible. But, is there a way to achieve mail-flow in this scenario?

Many Thanks,

Niri

Niranjan

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 2:05 PM

All replies

• Use connectors for that.
    Tuesday, June 25, 2019 5:37 PM
  • Hi Vasil,

I know about Connectors, that will be configured on the Exchange server right?? how do I handle mail which is delivered to mailbox and then to a server? I mean how will connectorhelp me in this case?

Niranjan

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 1:18 AM
  • Hi Niri,

What’s the SMTP server type? Exchange server or other mail server?

Based on your requirement, I suggest you try the following steps:

1.Create an email address in 'the other smtp server'.

2.Create a mail contact with the email address on step 1 through ECP.

3.Create a transport rule to redirect mails from the user mailbox in the Exchange server to the mail contact.

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:20 AM
  • Hi ,

I am writing here to confirm with you how the thing going now?

If you need further help, please provide more detailed information, so that we can give more appropriate suggestions

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, July 1, 2019 7:25 AM
  • Hi Kelvin,

Please find my inputs below:

We have an Exchange 2010 server, mailbox is on that server, now the email received by this mailbox needs to be delivered onto an server over the port 25 which is not an SMTP server but an application server.

Niranjan

Thursday, July 4, 2019 12:18 PM
  • Hi Niri,

By default, Exchange server looks up the MX record in DNS to send mails.  I understand the application server is not a SMTP server, you need to contact the application server vendor to verify it could add and publish the MX record or not.

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Monday, July 8, 2019 1:29 AM
  • Hi Niri,

I am writing here to confirm with you how the thing going now?

If you need further help, please provide more detailed information, so that we can give more appropriate suggestions

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Thursday, July 11, 2019 1:50 AM
  • Hi Kelvin,

We have an On-Prem Exchange 2010 server which is in Hybrid with Office365. I don't think so that would be implemented though it seems to be possible.

Niranjan

Monday, July 15, 2019 12:12 PM